Thank you JCPenney for sponsoring this post. Visit JCPenney in-store or online to shop the new fashionable picks at an affordable price!
The Back-to-school season is upon us whether or not we are ready. Now that I have two young children at home I have a love/hate relationship with shopping in general. Sometimes it’s challenging and stressful to lug around two kids to buy them clothes. That is why I have turned to online shopping. I enjoy shopping at JCPenney because of the quality and trending back-to-school clothes they have at great price points.
Let’s be real, I am far from a fashion expert, but I am a mom who likes to dress my daughter in cute and comfortable clothes.
I found ways to simplify clothes shopping with a click of a mouse and a few other tips that I think can help you do the same for your family!
Simply Back-to-School Clothes Shopping
Create a shopping list
Planning ahead is crucial to avoiding the stress of school clothes shopping – especially if you have a large family. Writing down a list of wants and needs for each child can help you avoid going over your budget. Additionally, having a list can also ensure that you don’t forget any items. Think of it like meal planning but with clothes shopping. When I go to the grocery store hungry and without a list I end up buying items I didn’t really need and forgetting those staple items. Same concept for clothes shopping.
Take advantage of special offers and retailers with budget-friendly pricing
Retailers like JCPenney offer great pricing with quality items. Many times they have special offers and coupons to help families save more money. When I ordered our clothes, I used a coupon code they had online and also received free shipping! Keep your eyes out for special deals. I was able to get several outfits and shoes for less than $100. (Keep scrolling to shop the looks).
Save time by online shopping
If you want to simplify shopping by saving time consider shopping online. It’s especially hard to get out of the house for us right now with a newborn and an active preschooler. I find I am happier shopping once the kids go to sleep and I can focus by online shopping. JCPenney makes shopping online easy with a user-friendly website and quality images of every item.
Maximize key wardrobe pieces
Did you know that most people wear 20% of what they own 80% of the time? If you don’t believe me, try the hanger test where you turn around the hanger each time you wear an item. At the end of the year look at the hangers that were untouched. You will be amazed at the amount of clothes you did not wear.
You can avoid having too many clothes left untouched by purchasing pieces that you can maximize by mixing and matching with several different outfits. Take shoes, for example. I bought these shoes because they can go with several outfits instead of only a few with a certain color scheme. Same can go for jackets and undershirts. Find ways to wear items more than once with one look.
Make back-to-school clothes shopping fun
Get your children excited about back-to-school by having them try out their clothes and taking fun photos of them. I was able to take my daughter to Historic Downtown McKinney to show of her outfits. I want to do this every year that she will let me so I can see how much she has grown.
Not interested in photographing them yourself? No problem! Have a professional take over.
JCPenney offers unique professional services including hairstyling through the Salon by InStyle and photography through the Portrait Studio.
JCPenney is a one-stop shopping destination offering a variety of stylish, affordable fashion and trends.
- 90s Retro: Destructed denim paired with bold pop culture graphic tees paired with oversized plaid flannels in updated colors.
- Retro Sport: Active/Athleisure: Athleisure continues to be in trend this season. Add a relaxed sporty feeling to your wardrobe. With a mix of solids and camo prints you will stand out from the crowd!
- Camo/Green, Military – Oversized bomber jackets and camo pants are softened by blush tones and flowing silk tanks. Crisp baseball caps help to maintain a relaxed feeling.
- Victorian Romance – Bohemian and feminine mood. Artisan details in rich textures such as velvet and lace are playfully offset with distressed denim. Rich jewel tones should be surrounded by soft neutrals and dusty rose. Victorian lace and textures can be grounded in denim.
- Rise to Shine – Face on the day head on — if you’re running on a treadmill or running to class, you might as well look good doing it. Black and gold activewear keeps you looking great when you are on the go. Monochromatic
- White Sneakers – Crisp white tennis shoes with subtle pops of color keep you cool when running from class to class. Dress up a pair of jeans or dress down a knit dress, white shoes are a classic that will never go out of style.
- Booties – Stay comfortable and chic with a perfect pair of booties. Elevate your everyday look; dress up a pair of jeans and a tee effortlessly with this back to school trend!
- Destructed Denim – Rips, raw edges and destructed details add a cool ruggedness and a broken-in feel to this back to school classic.
- Femme Tops – Flowing tops in feminine shades with ruffles, flutter sleeves and lace details are the perfect way to add elegance to the everyday.
- Graphic tees – Let your shirt do the talking with bold and smart graphic tees. Pair them back to your favorite denim and you are ready to go!
- Kid’s Activewear – Ready! Set! Go! From gym class to soccer practice keep your style game up with striking bold colors and exciting patterns for boys and girls.
- Mini Backpacks and Personalization – The trend is mini! Personalize your mini backpack and stand out from the crowd and personalize with keychains, faux fur add-ons and patches.
SHOP THESE BACK-TO -SCHOOL OUTFITS
What’s your favorite back to school outfit from above? Are you ready for back-t0-school clothes shopping?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.