This end-of-school-year teacher gift is the best gift to give your kids’ teachers. Give this end-of-the-year gift basket to your child’s teacher. Keep reading to find out how to make your own teacher appreciation gift that your favorite teachers will actually use. April and May is the time of the year to consider spoiling our special teachers who have worked so hard.
Why you will love making this end of school year teacher gift
This unique gift idea will put a smile on your favorite teacher’s face. Last year I made them for my kid’s teachers and filled them with their favorite things. They were a huge hit.
You can customize each gift with summer-themed ideas and travel-sized items everyone loves to use. Buy items in bulk to make multiple gifts. Consider using the Target red card to save an additional 5% on items.
What makes this gift such a great idea is the fact that you can customize each tub. Think small-sized items that will fit into a plastic drink dispenser. Go beyond school supplies and get creative with what your teacher really wants. A lot of teachers have favorite lists you can refer back to!
Running out of time? Select a few of our favorite school teacher gifts below to make a summer kit! Many supplies can be found online or at a nearby grocery store.
What to put inside the DIY gift tub:
There’s a variety of fun things you can fill inside the tub. Here are some ideas to help you create the right gift for your kids’ teacher:
- Plastic beverage dispenser – There are a variety of summer-themed tubs that would work! This Color-Changing plastic beverage dispenser is so pretty!
- Dry Shampoo – Everyone could use this!
- Sunblock – You can never have enough sunblock during the summer months.
- Gift cards –Amazon gift card, a Target gift card, or gift cards to their favorite restaurants! Gift cards always make the best teacher gifts because they can buy what they really want.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Starburst and candy inside a mason jar
- Wet Ones wipes – to clean up unexpected messes!
- Coffee mug – get a beach or vacation coffee mug for Summertime sipping!
- Lip balm
- Plastic wine glasses
- Soda, water, and/or sparkling water
- Grab and Go Snacks like Trail Mix, nuts, or beef jerky.
- Mini water bottles
- A handwritten note from your child
- Nail polish in fun Summer colors.
What you need to assemble the gift baskets:
- Cardstock for printable gift tags
- One hole puncher – punch a hole in the gift tag
- Making this practical gift is simple. Start stuffing the beverage dispenser with items. Secure the lid.
- Punch a single hole in the corner of the printable gift tag.
- Then, cut the ribbon long enough to secure and loop it around the dispenser with the gift tag secured. Enjoy! You know have the ultimate summer relaxation kit!
- If you have a Cricut Maker or Silhouette, consider making a personalized Summer tub with the recipient’s name using vinyl.
- Don’t have a cutting machine? Buy a personalized vinyl name decal.
- Want to be extra kind? Place the plastic dispenser gifts in a beach tote bag along with a beach towel.
- On a budget? Visit a dollar store to find small gift ideas to fill up the dispensers.
Shop the Summer Break Gift Tag
Don’t forget to download the Summer themed printable gift tags. Simply purchase, download, print, and cut tags. Sign your child’s name and you are ready to put a smile on your teacher’s face.
Thank you for your support of my small business!
Give the teachers the gifts during Teacher Appreciation Week or on the last day of school. This thoughtful gift is sure to stand out. Don’t miss your opportunity to spoil your teacher’s hard work with this end-of-the-school-year gift. On the flip side, consider making a beginning of the year diy gift with supplies to get teachers through the first month of school.
More school gift ideas for Teachers
These teacher appreciation gifts also make wonderful end-of-year teacher gifts:
- Teacher Lottery Gift Tickets – punny gift tags included!
- DIY Personalized Nameplate – made with Scrabble tiles.
- Hands down appreciation gift – a clever way to gift soap!
- DIY Charcuterie Box – everyone loves receiving these delicious charcuterie boards.
MORE GIFT BASKET IDEAS
Obsessed with making gift baskets? Consider making these fun gift basket ideas:
- Fourth of July Gift Basket – Filled with patriotic items and backyard party items.
- Summer Sunshine Gift Basket – Fun Summer Basket everyone loves!
- Boo Basket Gift Ideas – Over 70 Boo Basket Filler ideas with a free gift tag!
- Delivery Driver Thank You Basket – Don’t forget to spoil those who deliver all your online orders.
- Christmas Teacher Gift Basket – Make the ultimate holiday break basket for your favorite teachers!