Thank you A Girls Guide to Cars for sponsoring today’s car review of the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas.
I first laid eyes on the Volkswagen Atlas three years ago and I have been in love ever since. I recently got to test drive the new 2021 VW Atlas. At first glance, I was impressed with the updated front end look.
Keep reading to find out if the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas is a reliable crossover SUV and if I enjoyed our time together. (Spoiler alert: I didn’t want to give it back)
Introducing the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas
The 2021 Atlas SEL Premium in Tourmaline Blue features a new sporty look with the VW new logo throughout. It’s a great crossover SUV option for families to consider when purchasing their next vehicle.
More on the VW Atlas
- MPG: 21 city/ 24 highway
- Horsepower: 235-276 hp
- Engine: 2.0 inline 4-cylinder or 3.6L VR6
How much is a 2021 Volkswagen Atlas?
The MSRP for the 2021 Atlas is $31,545 and depending on the models ranges up to $47,195+.
Does the VW Atlas have third row seating?
The Atlas has 3 rows and seats 7. Even with the third-row seating, this SUV has huge cargo-passenger space.
Does the Volkswagen Atlas have captain chairs?
This 2nd-row feature does not come standard; however, it is available in the Captain’s Chair Package for an additional $695 in the SE w/tech models and above.
Popular VW Atlas features
I love the interior design of the VW Atlas. It’s sleek, comfortable and spacious.
- Park Assist – available in SE models and above. It will park the car for you. Just press the button. You control the brake and speed, but the vehicle does the rest.
- HVAC controls in the back seat. This is mandatory for living in Texas! It gets hot!
- Remote engine start and push-button start – Love the ability to start the engine before I get inside. Because again… it’s hot in Texas.
- Digital Cockpit with a digital display you can customize. With the touch of a button, I can play my favorite songs from my phone using CarPlay. Love the display!
- Fender sound system – This is available in the SEL Platinum model. This sound system is amazing. When I was driving solo, you better believe I was cranking up the music to my favorite songs. Since we can’t go to concerts right now.
- Built-in window sunshades – This feature is one of my favorites. We go on a lot of road trips and sometimes the sun is directly shining on my kids’ faces and then comes the whining. I also don’t have to worry about them getting a sunburn either.
Atlas Safety features
Here’s a few of the safety features that impressed me the most:
- Blind Spot Monitors in the side mirrors
- Front parking assist
- Lane assist, traffic jam assist, and road sign display offered on the SEL and Platinum models.
- 360-surround view camera (Platinum model)
What is the towing capacity of a Volkswagen Atlas?
When properly equipped with a factory-installed towing hitch, the 3.6L V6 engine can tow up to 5,000 lbs.
I enjoyed driving the VW Atlas. I thought this model drove smoothly and I felt very extremely safe shuttling my family from one activity to the next. There was an incident where a truck pulled out in front of us and the traffic jam assist came in handy. The pano sunroof was a pleasant feature while we were driving around the countryside looking for pumpkins. I love being able to see outside. It added to the already spacious feeling of the SUV. When it was time to say goodbye, I was sad as well as my children. That’s always a good sign. I highly recommend the VW Atlas.
Head to VW to read more and find out how you can test drive it yourself.
Pin to share this car review
Love car reviews? Follow us on Pinterest for more car ratings and more!