There’s not a shortage of fun things to do in Dallas with kids! Next time you hear the words, “I’m bored!” consider visiting any of these DFW attractions. Choose from a variety of family-friendly things to do that include indoor and outdoor locations. Don’t limit yourself on the fun! Keep reading to learn how to save money with an exclusive reader discount.
- Fun Things to Do in Dallas
Fun Things to Do in Dallas
Are you scratching your head wondering what are some fun things to do in Dallas? Whether you are trying to entertain a toddler or a teenager, we’ve included a variety of attractions to enjoy. Check back as new attractions are added monthly!
How to save money on Dallas and Fort Worth Attractions
Before planning your family outings, think about your budget and finances. To maximize your family entertainment spending, be sure to check out a Dallas/Fort Worth Pogo Pass. Many of DFW’s must-see attractions are included in the Dallas Pogo Pass!
Note: Please check with each attraction’s websites before visiting for hours of operations. Businesses’ hours and operating rules are subject to change without notice. Last updated: August 2022)
Dallas/Fort Worth Parks & Outdoor Space
- Dallas Arboretum – Visit one of the top botanical gardens in America.
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden – Discover a living museum filled with beautiful garden structures and trees.
- Little Elm Beach – This sandy beach is located in Little Elm and is packed with fun activities for the kids.
Dallas Indoor Waterparks
- Epic Waters Indoor Park – This Grand Praire indoor waterpark features slides, rides, a lazy river, and pools!
- The Cove at Lakefront – Located in Little Elm, enjoy a FlowRider® Double Surf Machine, water slides for all ages—including two high-adrenaline slides for thrill-seekers!
- Great Wolf Lodge – It’s one of the largest indoor water parks in America! Read about our Great Wolf Lodge stay.
Dallas/Fort Worth Outdoor Waterparks
- Hawaiian Falls – There are locations in The Colony, Mansfield, Garland, and Roanoke.
- Pirates Cove Water Park – This waterpark is next door to North Jellystone Park.
- Hurricane Harbor – Recognized as North Texas’ largest waterpark.
DFW Amusement Parks
- Six Flags Over Texas – Come experience Dallas-Fort Worth’s largest, most thrilling theme park filled with over 45 exciting rides, shows, & attractions. Read about our Six Flags Experience.
DFW Family Friendly Hotels/Resorts
- Gaylord Texan – We love to visit Gaylord Texan throughout the year. During the Fall, Holidays, and Summer Gaylord Texan is the place to be!
- JadeWaters at Dallas Hilton Anatole -JadeWaters amenities features a splash and play area for kids, a lazy river, waters slides, and more! Book a Summer weekend getaway at JadeWaters to enjoy this hidden Dallas, TX gem! (Read about our Jadewaters experience). Dallas Hilton Anatole features one of my favorite restaurants SER Steak + Spirits which is now open!
- North Texas Jellystone Park – Fresh air and outdoor activities are always a plus right now. Take-out activities such as crafts and scavenger hunts are available. Go next door via walking or a golf cart ride to Pirates Cove Water Park.
- Coyote Drive-In Fort Worth – Our family visited the Lewisville location a few years ago and loved it. We were super sad when they closed it. The good news is they have one still open in Fort Worth.
Studio Movie Grill – Watch a movie and enjoy dinner at any of their North Texas locations.
Cinemark – Consider booking your own private movie showing!
- Dallas Zoo – The Dallas Zoo is located three miles south of downtown Dallas and is filled with animal encounters.
- Fort Worth Zoo – Elephant Springs, the Zoo’s newest habitat, includes green spaces and various watering holes for the Asian elephants and a greater one-horned rhino to roam.
- Frank Buck Zoo – This zoo is located outside of the DFW area, but well worth the time spent.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center – Experience the sights and sounds of an African safari right here in Texas.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – Experience over five floors of 11 permanent exhibit halls featuring hands-on activities, and educational games.
- National Videogame Museum – learn about the videogame industry’s rich history, where its heading next and how to be a part of it.
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center – Visit for hands-on discovery experiences in science and math.
- Kidzania Dallas – Read about our Kidzania experience here. KidZania is powered by kids taking on various roles & responsibilities throughout the city. Kids can independently explore the city and take part in the experiences they choose.
- Legoland – Visit the ultimate indoor Lego playground! With 12+ attractions and rides, your children are sure to have a good time.
- Sealife Aquarium – Visit Texas’ only 360 ocean tunnel! Book a combo ticket to visit this attraction and Legoland in one visit.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament Experience a show like no other. There are epic battles of steel and steed at this dinner and tournament.
- The Dinosaur Company – Tour the state of the art production facility and learn how life-size dinosaurs are made.
- CAMP Dallas – Your family will love all the creative action!
- Crayola Experience – This attraction includes dozens of hands-on, creative activities! Get a discount by using our affiliate link here.
- Dallas Children’s Aquarium – Learn about aquatic animals from all around the world.
- Playstreet Museums – Playstreet museum is an interactive children’s museum and indoor play area.
More Things to do in Dallas, TX
- Ultimate Dallas Bucket List – 100+ activities for North Texas families to enjoy!
- Dallas Fall Bucket List – Over 30 ways to enjoy Fall in DFW.
- Super Summer Schedule – Plan ahead with this Summer planner.
- Pogo Pass – Save on Dallas family attractions with this exclusive offer.