This fall, gather your family and head to the Gaylord Texan Goblins and Giggles weekend event. This family Halloween event occurs during the September and October weekends (open weekends through October 17). Don’t forget to mark this off your Dallas Fall Bucket list! Keep reading to know before you go and learn how you can make the most out of your trip to the Gaylord Texan. There’s so much to do!
From the decor to the activities to enjoying Paradise Springs, it was the perfect last-minute staycation our family needed! Keep reading to find out how our stay went and if it’s a good fit for you.
What is the Gaylord Texan Goblins and Giggles event?
Goblins and Giggles is Gaylord Texan’s newest Fall attraction and offers a wide array of family-friendly activations from spooky animal encounters and a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt to pumpkin decorating and a trick-or-treat expedition. Most of the activations take place Friday through Sunday. The atrium is transformed into vibrant Fall colors with hints of Halloween fun throughout. There are so many gorgeous Fall photo opportunities for families.
Gaylord Texan Goblins & Giggles Weekend events and activities:
Please note some activities require tickets and cost extra. Get Gaylord Activities tickets before for the Escape Room, Scavenger Hunt Booklet, Pumpkin, and Canvas Painting, and Ghost Stories LIVE show.
- Spooky Animal Encounters, an educational opportunity to interact with and learn about a variety of animals including a kangaroo!
- A Trick-or-Treat Expedition – our kids enjoyed walking to different stops in the Atrium for candy. Tip: Bring your own bags for your kids. They do not provide. Also, dress the kids up for Halloween!
- The Goblins & Giggles Art Studio where kids can let their inner artist come to life painting a themed canvas or decorating a cookie!
- A Hide & Seek Scavenger Hunt featuring Spookley the Square Pumpkin, where everyone’s favorite square pumpkin, Spookley, invitessuper sleuths to solve puzzles that reveal his eight secret hiding spots around the resort. Solve all the puzzles to find Spookley then meet him in a fun photo op.
- Ghost Stories LIVE! inviting visitors to become part of a storyteller’s spooky, interactive Texan ghost story.
- The Trick or Treat Expedition transporting those of all ages to a world of Halloween fun. Stroll through the resort atriums following a trick or treat map to collect candy.
- Fall Escape Rooms challenging families and friends to solve the clues in order to get out in time!
- The Monster Mash Bash featuring a Spooktacular atrium dance party.
Is Gaylord Texan’s Paradise Springs open?
Paradis Springs officially closes on October 17, 2021. Open daily through Labor Day, (9/6). Open weekends through 10/17/21.
This resort’s 10-acre outdoor pool, features a 6,000-square-foot family lagoon, giant water playhouse, 600-foot long lazy river, and multiple winding waterslides. Paradise Springs is an exclusive amenity for hotel guests.
Paradise Springs Gaylord Texan reservations
On Saturdays, guests must make reservations to secure their spots at Paradise Springs. Make reservations by calling 817-778-1000.
We reserved chairs next to the kid’s area that was perfect and shaded under an umbrella. Wait staff served us and we had a safe lock box in between our chairs when we needed to leave to visit other parts of the park. Guests can book a Paradise Springs cabana or upgrade poolside chairs here. There are a limited number of first-come, first-serve chairs available.
Paradise Springs Food & Drink Menus
My kids shared the Chicken Tender meal while my husband and I shared the Burger. The portions are big enough. Each kid’s meal includes a rubber duck to play with at the pool, so if your kids don’t like sharing maybe get two orders or teach them to share.
From the drink menu, my husband enjoyed the Karbach Southern Wheat draft beer while I enjoyed the Texan Sipper. I also recommend the Pina Colada if you are looking for something sweeter!
Gaylord Texan Dining Options
There is a variety of Gaylord Texan dining options for families to take advantage of:
- Texan Station Sports Bar & Grill – Open breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Mission Plaza Marketplace – Find Starbucks coffee, pastries, salads, and sandwiches.
- Zeppole – traditional Italian and seafood dinners. Open for dinner on Friday and Saturday.
- Silver Bar – Serves a variety of cocktails, wine, and beer. Open Friday – Sunday.
- Texan Eats – Available for guest room delivery or pick up, offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Available to resort guests only.
- And many more.
How to book a Gaylord Texan stay this Fall
In celebration of Goblins & Giggles, the resort is offering a special Family Fall Fest Package starting at $259. The package includes a one-night stay, a Hide and Seek Scavenger Hunt booklet and two tickets to Canvas and Pumpkin Decorating. The package excludes the resort fees and parking. For more information or Goblins & Giggles events and overnight room packages, visit GaylordTexan.com
Want more Check out videos and more tips on my Instagram highlight labeled GAYLORD)
Our family always has a good time at the Gaylord Texan. It was a first for us to stay during the Fall months. We enjoyed the addition of the Fall/Halloween activities for the kids.
More Family Trips
- Christmas at the Gaylord – Read about our Gaylord Texan trip during the Christmas holiday season!
- Cinnamon Shore – A stunning beach front community in Texas. Read about our experience.
- Texas to Colorado Road Trip – Discover Colorado Springs and Breckenridge with your family.
Have more questions about our Gaylord stay?
Reach out to me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Happy to answer!
Check out more of our family’s travels and follow along on Pinterest for more Texas staycation ideas.