Beat the Summer heat at Summerfest with your entire family at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas. It’s the best option for family fun in North Texas. Their family-friendly events never disappoint no matter the time of year. Find out everything to see, visit and eat during your Summertime visit to the stunning Gaylord Texan resort.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Gaylord Texan. All opinions are my own.
- Everything you need to know about Summerfest at Gaylord Texan
- Things to do at Gaylord Texan during the Summer
- Gaylord Texan Dining
- More Gaylord Texan fun
It’s been a few years since we visited Gaylord Texan during the Summer. Admittedly, I was very excited to return with my daughter for a mom/daughter staycation. We brought along a few friends of ours who had never stayed overnight at the Gaylord before. It was fun to watch their excitement as well as revisit some of our favorite attractions. It never gets old visiting this resort. There’s always so much to do and they always offer different activities during their fun seasonal events.
Everything you need to know about Summerfest at Gaylord Texan
The 19th annual Summerfest celebration features a 10-acre outdoor water park, multiple sparkling resort pools, four-and-a-half acres of sprawling indoor gardens, a delicious line-up of culinary offerings, soothing spa treatments, exciting live entertainment, and an itinerary full of friendly-family events and activities.
We stayed in a guest room with 2 queen beds facing the Atrium. I highly recommend booking these rooms as opposed to the rooms that face outside the hotel. We sat out on the balcony and took in the sounds and fresh air of the atrium. You can’t beat this view, especially at night time. It’s simply stunning. See Summer Room Packages here.
Things to do at Gaylord Texan during the Summer
Within four-and-a-half acres of indoor gardens and pathways, visitors will discover a variety of fun family-friendly activities.
2022 Gaylord Texan Summerfest
Gaylord Texan’s SummerFest takes place May 13th – September 5th, 2022.
Pirate and Princess Academy, is an interactive live show that allows guests to step into a fantasy world and become honorary members of the captain’s crew as they take the pirate pledge or join the royal court by taking the princess oath.
Summer of Cirque: A Pirate’s Adventure – Enjoy live entertainment with this incredible show! Embark on an exciting journey with a young boy who dreams of becoming a pirate, and along the way meet daring aerial acrobats, show-stopping jugglers, and incredible contortionists, each performing breathtaking feats that are sure to stun the audience.
Three Escape Rooms each feature a different challenge where friends and families must work together to race against the clock and solve puzzles before the time runs out.
The Princess’ Shiny Stash Scavenger Hunt takes kids on a self-guided adventure throughout the resort to solve clues to discover hidden treasures.
A Junior Chef’s Camp where kids can practice their culinary skills and create delightfully delicious meals and treats for themselves and two family members.
The Pirate & Princess Art Studio where creativity comes alive as artists of all ages can choose to paint a themed canvas painting or decorate their very own treasure chest. Note: This area is closed on some of the weekdays.
In addition to the adventures inside, hotel guests can make a splash at Paradise Springs, the resort’s 10-acre outdoor waterpark. We went right after we checked in and again the next morning right as it opened. Shuttles for Paradise Springs depart from the Tour Bus Lobby of the hotel.
Paradise Springs features
- A relaxing 600-foot lazy river – Grab an inflatable tube and float the lazy river.
- A Texan-sized water play area for the kids – It’s basically a giant water treehouse that has three thrilling water slides.
- Toddler pool – there is a tiny area for babies to play. Truth be told, I hardly saw anyone using it.
- A 6,000-square-foot family lagoon – features a walk-in beach, a27-foot waterslide and two horseshoe pools – A popular area for kids!
- Zipline -This 25-foot zip-line is a popular attraction for kids and adults alike. My daughter can’t stop talking about it.
The Paradise Springs menu is one of the best poolside cuisines I have had thus far. The portions are huge (especially for the kids) so consider coming with an appetite or sharing. Here are a few of my favorites from their bar and grill menu:
Paradise Springs Hours of Operation
Gaylord Texan’s outdoor water park is opened the following hours as of July 2022:
- Sunday – Thursday: 9 am – 7 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 9 am – 8 pm
Open weekends April 1, 2022 – May 29, 2022, and September 6, 2022 – October 9, 2022. Open daily May 30, 2022 – September 5, 2022.
There are a variety of private cabanas that provide extra shade. They are located throughout the waterpark. See Paradise Springs Map.
- Frio Cabanas are on the island side along the lazy river and accommodate up to four guests.
- Brazos Cabanas are on the back lawn and accommodate up to eight guests.
- Guadalupe Cabanas are near the lagoon pool and accommodate up to eight guests.
- Concho Cabanas are near the Texas-themed water play structure and can accommodate up to eight guests.
- Party Cabana is located near the bar and grill and can accommodate up to 20 guests.
Pricing for cabanas starts at $250 per day, based on occupancy and availability. Rentals are made in advance for full days. Same-day reservations may be made at Paradise Springs Only. Reserve Paradise Springs Cabanas here.
Gaylord Texan Dining
Come hungry to this resort because the food is delicious and plentiful.
- Zeppole – Enjoy Italian- American cuisines. Reserve a table
- Riverwalk Cantina – Feel as though you have been transported to the San Antonio Riverwalk and enjoy some Tex-Mex.
- Texan Station Sports Bar & Grill – offers a wide selection of bar food and cocktails.
- Old Hickory Steakhouse – Features a Texas wine cellar and the finest beef and seafood pairings. Reserve a table.
- Misson Plaza Marketplace – perfect on-the-go food and drinks featuring Starbucks Coffee.
- Texan Eats – À la Carte Room Delivery – Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Texan Eats outlet delivers food to your room with an expansive menu
Where is Gaylord Texan?
It’s in the ideal location in North Texas! Find the resort in Grapevine less than 5 miles from DFW Airport and 20 miles from Dallas Love Field.
Do you have to stay at the hotel to enjoy Paradise Springs?
Paradise Springs does not offer day passes to the waterpark. You must be a hotel guest to gain access to Paradise Springs.
How long do you recommend staying to experience everything?
We had a quick 24-hour stay, so we did not get to experience all that Summerfest had to offer. I suggest staying at least 2 nights, and 3 days to get the most out of your Summerfest staycation.
Are there any other Gaylords in the USA?
Yes, there are several Gaylord properties throughout the USA including Gaylord Palms and Gaylord Opryland Resort.
We had an extraordinary experience at Gaylord Texan’s Summerfest. If you are looking for the perfect Summer hangout with family and friends, consider this world-class property. It’s definitely not the most budget-friendly experience, but it is worth every penny if you can make it work financially. A change of scenery can make all the difference in our mental state. When you are at the Gaylord, you feel like you are in another world. It’s a nice form of escapism that offers the best summer fun for everyone.
More Gaylord Texan fun
- Goblins and Giggles at Gaylord Texan – features Fall family-friendly activations from spooky animal encounters and a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt to pumpkin decorating and a trick-or-treat expedition!
- Christmas at Gaylord Texan – Don’t miss out on all the holiday activities including ICE. Experience The Polar Express with larger-than-life ice sculptures and even plunge down slides made entirely of ice
- Gaylord Texan Ice Coupon – Get 50% off Gaylord ICE tickets using our special code!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Marriott.