Brighten someone’s day with a Summer Gift Basket that’s filled with fun surprises. A sunshine-themed gift basket makes the best summer gifts. Learn how to make your own sunshine gift basket and use our summer gift basket gift tags. These unique summer gift baskets are a great way to lift a person’s spirits. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a big difference and these Summer care packages prove that.
These unique gift baskets scream Summer fun! Filled with sunshine and lemonade-themed items, no gift basket is the same. Get creative with your gift basketing making and see what you can come up with. Keep reading to get inspired to make your own!
Why you will love making a Summer Gift Basket
The best part of making these is the joy you will feel. It’s hard not to smile when you are making these sunshine baskets. They make a cheery gift that will warm someone’s heart in the best way.
This gift basket is perfect for:
- Summer holidays – fun gift idea for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day
- Summer party hostess gifts
- Just because – Cheer up your best friend or family member! They are the perfect way to cheer up someone that needs some encouragement.
- Summer Birthdays – They make great birthday gifts
- Teacher Appreciation Week or End of the School Year – They make perfect teacher gifts.
- Summer vacation – kick off your summer vacation and gift this to a travel buddy or house host.
- Summer cookout – a sweet gift to surprise a person that always invites you to their parties.
- Beach gift baskets – gift them to your fellow beach lovers before your next trip begins. Many of the items inside are perfect to use during beach vacations.
What makes this gift such a great idea is the fact that you can customize each tub. Think small-sized items and party favors that will fit into a yellow plastic drink dispenser.
Supply Notes & Shopping Tips
- Running out of time? Shop online.
- Save money on shipping. If you prefer free shipping shop Amazon with a Prime membership or get the red card at Target for free 2-day shipping. Consider using the Target red card to save an additional 5% on items.
- Hobby Lobby has a variety of summer gifts.
- Buy in bulk to make multiple baskets.
- Target dollar spot or The Dollar spot has budget-friendly items that are perfect to put inside the gift tub.
What you need:
Many supplies can be found online or at a nearby retail store. Shop gift basket here. Shop these items below or find your own similar items:
- Plastic beverage dispenser – sunshine, yellow, or lemonade-themed would be best or a clear tub.
- Sunblock or Bug Spray – You can never have enough sunblock and bug spray during the summer months.
- Gift cards -Amazon gift cards, a Target gift card, or gift cards to their favorite restaurants!
- Sunbum products – lip balm, lotions, and hair mist.
- Yellow Wet-Ones
- Crystal Light Lemonade drink mix
- Juice squeezer in yellow
- Hand Sanitizer
- Sunkist soda or Capri Sun lemonade pouches
- Plastic citrus stemless wine glasses
- yellow koozies
- Yellow BruMate Slim Can Cooler
- Candy – Starburst, gumballs, gummi bears, lemon drops, lemon jelly beans.
- Lemonade stand candle
- Yellow nail polish
- Yellow sunglasses
- Craft beers (for adults 21 and up)
- Fresh fruits such as lemons
- Summer sausage
- Yellow flip flops
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Beach towels – these towels may not fit inside but perhaps attach them to the plastic drink dispenser with a ribbon.
What you need to assemble:
- Cardstock for printable gift tags
- Yellow ribbon
- One hole puncher – punch a hole in the gift tag
- Making this practical gift is simple. Start stuffing the beverage dispenser with items. Secure the lid.
- Punch a single hole in the corner of the printable Summer Basket gift tag.
- Then, cut the ribbon long enough to secure and loop it around the dispenser with the gift tag secured. Enjoy! You know have the ultimate Sunshine Summer Gift!
- If you have a Cricut Maker or Silhouette, consider making a personalized tub with the recipient’s name using vinyl.
- Don’t have a cutting machine? Buy a personalized vinyl name decal.
- On a budget? Visit a dollar store to find small gift ideas to fill up the dispensers.
- Can’t find a drink dispenser? Use wicker baskets.
Shop Summer Gift Basket Tags
Don’t forget to download the Summer Gift Basket printable gift tags. Simply purchase, download, print on cardstock paper, and cut tags separately. (Thank you for your support of my small business!)
The PDF will include four Summer Sunshine Gift Tags on one page that say:
- Just a little something to brighten your day and beat the summer heat in a fun way!
More Gift Basket Ideas
Obsessed with making gift baskets? Consider making these fun gift basket ideas:
- Fourth of July Gift Basket – Filled with patriotic items and backyard party items.
- End of School Year Teacher Gift – Fun Start of Summer Basket everyone loves!
- Delivery Driver Thank You Basket – Don’t forget to spoil those who deliver all your online orders.
- Boo Basket – Surprise a friend with this fun Halloween gift basket.
- Christmas Teacher Gift Basket – Make holiday break gift baskets for your children’s favorite teachers!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!