This 4th of July gift basket is so fun to make! Create a DIY 4th of July gift basket for a party host, neighbor, or someone special. Choose from a variety of cute 4th of July Gift Tags to make your 4th of July gift baskets extra special and unique. These are the perfect gifts for backyard parties.
Why you will love making 4th of July Gift Baskets
This unique gift idea will put a smile on anyone’s face. Surprise a neighbor or friend at an Independence Day parade.
You can customize each gift with patriotic-themed ideas and travel-sized items everyone loves to use. You will have a great time coming up with a custom gift basket. Warning: You may want to keep it for yourself – it’s that fun!
What makes this gift such a great idea is the fact that you can customize each tub. Think small-sized items and party favors that will fit into a red or blue plastic drink dispenser.
Supply Notes & Shopping Tips
- Running out of time? Shop online.
- Save money on shipping. If you prefer free shipping shop Amazon with a Prime membership or get the red card at Target for free 2-day shipping. Consider using the Target red card to save an additional 5% on items.
- Buy in bulk to make multiple 4th of July baskets. Buy a 4th of July Party Favor kit and divide it into separate tubs.
- Target dollar spot or The Dollar spot has budget-friendly items that are perfect to put inside the gift tub.
What you need:
Select a few of our favorite patriotic gifts below to make the best 4th of July gift! Many supplies can be found online or at a nearby retail store. Shop gift basket here
- Plastic beverage dispenser – blue or red would be best!
- Red, White, and Blue items: Shop for independence day gifts and see what can fit inside the tub. Patriotic sunglasses, scrunchies, and headbands.
- 4th of July temporary tattoos
- Mini confetti poppers
- Sunblock or Bug Spray – You can never have enough sunblock and bug spray during the summer months.
- Gift cards -Amazon gift cards, a Target gift card, or gift cards to their favorite restaurants!
- Hand Sanitizer
- Multi-purpose lighters – these are 4th of July themed.
- Patriotic koozies
- Candy – red, white, and blue candies like M&Ms work. Make sure they won’t melt in hot temps. Place them in a red cup.
- Nail polish in patriotic colors
- Assortment of gourmet snacks
- Mini bottle of wine
What you need to assemble the patriotic gift baskets:
- Cardstock for printable gift tags
- One hole puncher – punch a hole in the gift tag
- Making this practical gift is simple. Start stuffing the beverage dispenser with items. Secure the lid.
- Punch a single hole in the corner of the printable gift tag.
- Then, cut the ribbon long enough to secure and loop it around the dispenser with the gift tag secured. Enjoy! You know have the ultimate patriotic party hostess gift!
- If you have a Cricut Maker or Silhouette, consider making a personalized tub with the recipient’s name using vinyl.
- Don’t have a cutting machine? Buy a personalized vinyl name decal.
- On a budget? Visit a dollar store to find small gift ideas to fill up the dispensers.
Shop Fourth of July Gift Tags
Don’t forget to download the 4th of July printable gift tags. Simply purchase, download, print on cardstock paper, and cut tags separately. (Thank you for your support of my small business!)
The PDF will include four different 4th of July Gift Tags on one page that say:
- Have a Sparkling 4th of July!
- Thanks for Celebrating with Me!
- You are the Bomb! Happy Fourth of July
- Happy Fourth of July!
More 4th of July Fun Ahead
There is so many fun July 4th recipes you can make and bring along with your party hostess gift including:
- Red, White, and Blue Cakesicles – So festive and fun!
- Fourth of July Desserts – Over 20 Fourth of July dessert recipes including patriotic cupcakes.
- 4th of July Food Popcorn – simple and easy to make!
- Red, White, and Blueberry Salad – a delicious salad nobody made with my favorite fruits.
- No-Bake Red, White, and Blue Parfaits – so easy, the kids can make them! Serve anytime!
More Gift Basket Ideas
Obsessed with making gift baskets? Consider making these fun gift basket ideas:
- End of School Year Teacher Gift – Fun Summer Basket everyone loves!
- Summer Sunshine Gift Basket – Beat the heat with this fun Sunshine gift idea.
- Delivery Driver Thank You Basket – Don’t forget to spoil those who deliver all your online orders.
- Christmas Teacher Gift Basket – Make a holiday break basket for your favorite teachers!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!