Bring someone’s day spooktacular with a Halloween Boo Basket that’s filled with fun surprises. A boo basket is a fun way to bring Halloween joy to a neighborhood or workplace. Learn how to make your own boo basket and use our free boo basket gift tags.
These unique gift baskets scream Halloween Fun! Filled with sunshine and lemonade-themed items, no gift basket is the same. Get creative with your gift basketing making and see what you can come up with. Keep reading to get inspired to make your own!
Why you will love making a Boo Basket
There’s no wrong way to make a boo basket. Think of the person you are making it for and surprise them with a gift that is unique to them. You can create a kid-friendly Boo Basket like mine or consider an adult-themed Halloween gift. Download our You’ve Been Boozed gift tags to gift wine or beer to adults over 21 years of age.
How to “Boo” Someone
Create a Halloween gift basket filled with treats. Next, anonymously drop off your gift on a neighbor’s porch or co-worker’s desk while they are away. Then, that person should “Boo” two more people. The goal is that the recipients will continue the chain until Halloween arrives. It’s a fun Halloween gifting game! Include a Free Boo Directions Printable in your basket.
This gift basket is perfect for:
What makes this gift such a great idea is the fact that you can customize each tub. Think of small-sized items and party favors that will fit into a basket.
Supply Notes & Shopping Tips
- Running out of time? Shop online.
- Save money on shipping. If you prefer free shipping shop Amazon with a Prime membership or get the red card at Target for free 2-day shipping. Consider using the Target red card to save an additional 5% on items.
- POpshelf has a lot of budget-friendly Halloween favors.
- Buy in bulk to make multiple baskets.
- Target dollar spot or The Dollar spot has budget-friendly items that are perfect to put inside the gift tub.
74 Halloween Boo Basket Filler Ideas
Here’s what to put inside a Boo Basket:
- Chocolate – Skip if the basket will be set outside in the heat
- Hot chocolate packet
- Flavor kits for water
- Vampire’s teeth
- Bouncy balls
- Glow stick
- Witch’s fingers
- Hair ties
- Clip in extensions
- Colorful shoelaces
- Lip gloss
- Rubber stamp
- Sticky hand
- Plastic bug
- Temporary Tattoo
- Spinning Top
- Finger puppet
- Ugly Teeth
- Mini flashlight
- Insulated cup
- Coin Purse
- Lip balm
- Washi Tape
- Military Dog Tags
- Mini Nail Polish
- Nail stickers
- Travel-size beauty product
- Cool paper clips
- Essential oil
- Guitar pick
- Movie tickets
- Gift cards
- Bath bomb
- Mini perfume
- LED ring
- Plush Toy
- Whoopee Cushion
- Novelty Glasses
- Nail Polish
- Mini liquor bottles
- Golf tees
- Slap bracelet
- Mini Skateboard
- Mini pinata
- Small Puzzle
What you need to assemble a gift basket:
- Cardstock for printable gift tags (subscribe below for free tags or shop here)
- Ribbon or jute to tie gift tags on.
- One hole puncher – punch a hole in the gift tag
- Making this practical gift is simple. Start stuffing the basket with gift items. Secure the lid.
- Punch a single hole in the corner of the printable Boo Basket gift tag.
- Then, cut the ribbon long enough to secure and loop it around the dispenser with the gift tag secured. Enjoy! You now have the ultimate Boo Basket!
- If you have a Cricut Maker or Silhouette, consider making a personalized tub with the recipient’s name using vinyl.
- Don’t have a cutting machine? Buy a personalized vinyl name decal.
- On a budget? Visit a dollar store to find small gift ideas to fill up the gift container.
Download Boo Basket Gift Tags
Don’t forget to download the Boo Basket Gift Tags.
The PDF will include four Boo Basket Gift Tags on one page that say:
- Boo Basket. For: ________
More Gift Basket Ideas
Obsessed with making gift baskets? Consider making these fun DIY gift basket ideas:
- Summer Sunshine Gift Basket – Bring some sunshine to someone’s day with this fun gift.
- Fourth of July Gift Basket – Filled with patriotic items and backyard party items.
- End of School Year Teacher Gift – Fun Start of Summer Basket everyone loves!
- Delivery Driver Thank You Basket – Don’t forget to spoil those who deliver all your online orders.
- Christmas Teacher Gift Basket – Spoil your teachers with this clever gift basket.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!