Experience the You’ve Been Socked game this Christmas season. This Christmas gifting game is so much fun and a great way to spread holiday cheer throughout your neighborhood and office too! Sneakily deliver a sock full of fun treats or a small gift to a friend or coworker and keep the chain of kindness going. Get ready for a socking good time.
Please note that I make a small commission on my affiliate links when you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Who doesn’t love a little surprise? This game is the perfect way to spread holiday cheer in a fun way! This Christmas game is very similar to the You’ve Been Elfed game or the You’ve Been Boozed game we like to play during Halloween. The concept is easy as you gift one person and encourage them to keep the gift-giving going to others.
Surprise Someone with this Christmas Sock Game
Secretly “sock” your neighbor, friend, or co-worker with this unique holiday gift!
- Cardstock paper to print the placemat
- Mini Christmas stocking or Large Christmas Stocking (depending on your gift budget)
- Various holiday gift items to fill the stockings with. (see suggestions below)
- Optional: Laminator to laminate the door hangers.
- Another option is to use crazy socks instead of stockings.
- Use cellophane bags and include the socks inside if you prefer that method.
- Download printable by subscribing below at the bottom of this post or shop for printable (if you don’t want to give your email out)
- Print the printable pages and cut out the printable door hangers.
- Put together some treats and surprises to fill the stocking. Place inside the stocking.
How to play the You’ve Been Socked Christmas game
The ‘You’ve Been Socked!’ game is a delightful holiday activity that spreads cheer and kindness. Here’s how you play:
- Prepare the Gift: Gather some festive goodies to fill a stocking or sock. This could include a pouch of hot chocolate, small marshmallows, a candy cane stick, or any other small treats you think the recipient will enjoy. Include the “You’ve Been Socked Note” and stocking door hangers.
- Sneakily Deliver the Gift: The idea is to leave the gift on your neighbor’s front door or your co-worker’s desk without them noticing. If you’re playing with neighbors, you might even ring the doorbell and run away before they can catch you!
- Leave a Note: Along with the gift, leave our printable notes. The note should encourage the recipient to continue the chain of kindness by filling a sock with goodies and delivering it to someone else who hasn’t been ‘socked’ yet.
- Once a person has been socked, he or she will tape the sign to their door or desk indicating they have been “socked” That way the same person doesn’t receive more than one gift.
- Repeat: The game continues as each person who receives a gift becomes the next ‘giver’. The aim is to spread holiday joy around your neighborhood or workplace.
Gift Ideas for Christmas Sock Game
- Beauty Items: Travel-sized lotions, lip balms, or bath bombs. The dollar store is a great place to find small items.
- Sweet treats: candy canes, Hershey kisses, chocolate, Mini chocolates, gourmet popcorn, hot chocolate spoons or holiday-themed cookies.
- Gift Cards: Small gift cards to popular stores.
- Warm Beverage Mixes: Packets of hot chocolate, tea bags, or instant coffee sachets.
- Holiday Ornaments: Small ornaments or baubles that can be hung on a Christmas tree
- Small Toys or Games: Mini puzzles, action figures, or card games.
- Craft Supplies: Mini paint sets, glitter glue, or festive stickers.
- Bookmarks: Cute or festive bookmarks, especially if you know the recipient enjoys reading.
- Keychains or Pins: Quirky keychains or pins related to their interests.
- Socks: Ironically, socks themselves make great gifts! Choose a new pair of socks with a fun design or made from cozy material.
The gift options are endless! Get creative and make it personable to whom you are gifting. Larger stockings can also be used filled with bigger surprises!
This game is a fun and positive way to boost morale and bring people together during the holiday season!
More Christmas Printables
- You’ve Been Elfed – Another good game to play with the entire neighborhood.
- Christmas Gift Exchange Game – A different way to exchange gifts with others.
- Snowman Soup Gift – a special little treat that’s a “hug in a mug”!
- Best Christmas Games – These activities include free holiday games you can easily play at home or outdoors. Choose from party games, Christmas activities, and unique hands-on activities.
- Ultimate Christmas Activity Pack – includes Christmas worksheets for kids such as a Lego Challenge, Christmas Word Search, a Christmas Coloring page, and more!
- The Christmas Scavenger Hunt – is an entertaining and educational activity that can bring joy and excitement to the holiday season.
- Christmas Photo Bingo Game – Grab a camera and see how many photos you can snap!
- Christmas Gift Exchange Game – a fun and unique way to exchange gifts with a group.
- Countdown to Christmas Movie Challenge – How many of these Christmas movies can you watch during the holiday season?
- Christmas Charades Game – a fun holiday activity kids of all ages love to play.
Get the Printable Christmas Game
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you do not fill out the form, you can get a copy in my shop here.
The pdf file will include:
- You’ve Been Socked Note (1 page)
- We’ve Been Socked Stockings (1 page)
- You’ve Been Socked Stockings (1 page)
Sign up for my email list below and get instant access to the digital downloads.
Your information is 100% secure and will never be shared with anyone. By signing up you’ll be added to our email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders! These printables are for personal use only.
Share on social media
Looking for more free Christmas games, free printables, and holiday craft activities?