Behold the Ultimate Summer Bucket List which includes 101 fun and fabulous ideas to keep your kids entertained all season long. Every Summer I hear the words, “I am bored,” without fail. Be sure to check out our Ultimate Summer Bundle for more family fun.
The Ultimate Summer Bucket List is Here
What is a parent to do? If you are like me, you may not want to spend a lot of money on major attractions. Most days simplicity wins with a bit of creative thinking. We have a few of these backyard toys which we love but sometimes we need to come up with games instead.
Whether or not our children want to admit it, they crave activities that spark their creativity and independent play. Thanks to this fun list of Summer activities, you will earn some major bonus points as the “Coolest Parent Ever!” If all else fails, be sure to check out these Texas Pogo Pass deals to save money on many popular family entertainment destinations.
Fun family ideas for the Summer
- Go swimming
- Run through sprinklers
- Play on a slip and slide
- Have a water balloon fight
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Ride bicycles
- Build a sandcastle
- Blow bubbles or play with a bubble maker
- Take a road trip to a local attraction
- Play one of these fun outdoor games
- Go to the beach
- Eat popsicles
- Grill hot dogs
- Make smores
- Make slime
- Paint using q-tips or other household items
- Visit an amusement park
- Go kayaking
- Take a picnic at a local park
- Make bird feeders and bird houses
- Host a drive-in movie party
- Search for stars with a telescope
- Play frisbee golf
- Bake cupcakes
- Decorate cookies and/or cakes
- Make a back-to-school gift for a future teacher
- Go to a ballgame
- Make an American flag out of handprints
- Host a Family Game night
- Create castles out of large cardboard boxes
- Visit an Arts and Science Museum
- Go on a bug hunt
- Hunt for fireflies
- Compete with friends in barnyard races
- Play Frisbee Tic-Tac-Toe & Ladder Golf
- Visit a zoo
- Play Kickball
- Play Capture the Flag
- Go camping
- Ride a rollercoaster
- Play Bingo
- Go Bowling
- Make an Outdoor Movie Theatre
- Host a Banana Split Party
- Create a music video
- Volunteer for a local non-profit
- Decorate tennis shoes
- Play Freeze Tag
- Make playdough out of Peeps
- Host a DIY Spa Day
- Pick flowers
The fun doesn’t end here… we have found 51 more fun activities
Never hear “I’m bored” again. It’s time for YOU to download 101 family fun ideas now.
Print the checklist out and start planning what your family deserves. Mark off each activity as you do them and see how many your family does. Take it one step further and make a Summer scrapbook complete with your bucket list.
Download the SummerBucket List printable
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you would not fill out the form, you can get a copy in my shop here.
The PDF will include:
- Blank Summer Bucket List (1 page)
- 101 Summer activities (1 page)
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
MORE SUMMER FUN
- Slow Summer Bingo– Play bingo while you mark off the summer activities you have done.
- Super Summer Schedule – Plan your Summer days with these ideas and simple weekly calendar.
- 9 Summer Snack Recipes – portable and on-the-go treats for kids!
- Best Outdoor Toys – Get ready for some backyard fun!
- Busy Boxes for Kids – Daily ideas for independent play.