Get ready for family fun with this Spring Boredom Buster Jar. It’s filled with 24 spring activities for kids. These boredom busters include indoor and outdoor activities as well as a few screen-free activities. Simply download and print the labels, assemble, and store the jar for days of fun at home.
From the second the words, “I am bored!” come out of your child’s mouth this handy jar will save the day! No more spending hours trying to come up with fun ideas. These simple activities require little to no supplies yet provide hours of endless entertainment. By randomly selecting the daily activity, there are no opportunities for debate or arguing. Keep reading to find out how to make your own colorful and bright Spring Boredom Buster jars!
How to make a Spring Boredom Buster Jar
This activity for Spring is so simple to make. You will love having a variety of kids’ activity ideas at your fingertips.
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Mason Jars – Two will work to hold 24 craft sticks.
- Glue stick
- Tape – clear
- Paper Trimmer – This helps me cut straighter.
- White Paper or Cardstock – I find cardstock paper looks best and makes the colors really pop!
Cut out the labels with paper trimmer and scissors. Glue one boredom buster to each craft stick.
Using clear tape or glue dots, secure the spring boredom buster label to the front of the clear jar. Repeat on second jar.
How to use a boredom buster jar
Now the fun part is here! Someone randomly selects a craft stick and that activity is the one to be completed. It’s that easy. Complete one or many activities all in one day. There are no real rules here!
- If the label doesn’t stick to the glass – use Glue Dots!
- Laminate the printables before taping them to the jars or sticks. They will hold up and last longer against wear and tear.
What ages is the family activity jar best for?
While some activities may be more advanced, many of these boredom busters are great for kids ages 3 and up. Toddlers can always participate by watching the older families play or by playing a different variation of the activity if it’s too difficult. Adults will enjoy playing along too. Let’s face it – many of us are kids at heart.
Activity Jar Ideas
- Blow bubbles
- Make slime
- Paint Kindness Rocks
- Read a book
- Make an obstacle course
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Make a painting
- Conduct a Science Experiment
- Pretend play
- Make cookies
- Build a Blanket Fort
- Have a dance-off
- Tie-dye something
- Do a puzzle
- Movie Marathon
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Build something with a cardboard box
- Ride bikes together
- Play hide and seek
- Play with playdoh
- Build legos
- Go for walk
More Spring activities for kids
- Spring Photo Challenge – grab a camera and snap photos of spring.
- 30 Indoor activities for families – family fun at home!
- 50 ideas for one-on-one time with your kids – Spending individual time with each child is important!
Download the free boredom buster printable labels
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you would not fill out the form, you can get a copy in my shop here.
The printable bundle includes
- Spring Boredom Busters Cover Labels (2 pages)
- 24 boredom buster labels (2 pages)
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
These printables are for personal use only. Commercial use of these print files is prohibited! The actual files may NOT be shared, sold, given away, traded, or transferred to anyone else in any form.
Share on social!
Love this project? Please share with others and join me over on Pinterest for more family fun ideas.