These free printable lunch box jokes are the perfect way to bring a smile to your child’s face. Your children will love these funny jokes that are themed around fruit. It’s a special and thoughtful way to show your kids you are thinking of them when you are apart. Get ready to drop a lunch box note or two in a creative and fun way throughout the school year! Kids of all ages will get a good laugh from each punchline.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
While jokes may seem like just fun and games, they play a crucial role in a child’s overall development. Did you know that punny jokes can help children understand language better? It’s a fun way to exercise their brains!
Also, laughter is the best medicine. It releases endorphins, our body’s natural feel-good chemicals. This helps kids to feel happy and can also relieve stress and anxiety.
Printable Lunch Box Jokes to Keep Your Kids Laughing
How do parents make fun school lunches and something that kids will look forward to each day?
Create lunches that have variety and include healthy, tasty snacks and fun treats such as these comical fruit-themed lunchbox notes. Place them in your kids’ Bento or lunch boxes. These free lunchbox jokes will brighten your child’s day!
I am fully aware of how cheesy these fruit jokes are, but I can appreciate a good play-on-words opportunity. Plus, what better way to motivate your children to eat their fruits than a few jokes?
There aren’t a lot of supplies needed to pull this activity off.
You will need:
- White cardstock paper or regular paper
- Printer – Use a color home printer or take the file to a local printing store to print for best results.
- Scissors or paper trimmer
8 Fruit Jokes for Kids
Our printable pack includes eight punny fruit-themed jokes for kids:
- Why did the banana go to the doctor? Because it wasn’t peeling well.
- Why did the Orange Stop? Because it ran out of juice.
- Why were the apple and the orange all alone? Because the banana split.
- What do you call a sad strawberry? A blueberry!
- What are twins’ favorite fruit?
- Why did the orange go out with the prune? Because it couldn’t find a date.
- Why was the strawberry sad? Because it was in a jam.
- Why do watermelons have fancy weddings? Because they cantaloupe.
Which fruit joke is your favorite? I couldn’t help but chuckle at the watermelon joke about weddings. That particular joke may be best for older kids.
My oldest loves all my corny jokes, but I know that won’t last forever. As long as my children laugh and smile at my efforts, I will continue doing them. I hope I am always remembered as the mom who could make her children laugh one way or another. These moments are so fleeting.
These lunch box jokes for kids are a fun surprise and super easy to prep.
- Simply download the printable file by subscribing at the bottom of the post.
- Print the file.
- Then cut the cards by using scissors or a paper cutter
- Finally, sneak the printable jokes into your kid’s lunch boxes. Either surprise them daily with a new joke or place in the lunchboxes throughout the school year.
Get the free printable lunchbox jokes now
Enter your first name and email address below to get the free printable file. You’ll receive an instant download.
The pdf file will include:
- One page with 8 joke cards to include your kids’ lunch boxes.
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
More Silly Jokes for Kids
Keep the laughter going by sharing a good joke throughout the school year with your kids. Here’s a variety of hilarious jokes that are kid-friendly:
- Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
- Math Jokes for Kids
- Halloween Lunch Box Jokes
- Valentine’s Day Jokes for Kids
- Christmas Lunchbox Jokes for Kids
- These cute candy treats will make your kids feel super lucky during their school day. Perfect St. Patrick’s Day surprise!
More ways to surprise your kids through their school lunches
- Napkin Lunchbox Notes: Write a sweet or encouraging message on a napkin and slip it into their lunchbox. It’s a simple and personal touch that can brighten their day.
- Sandwich Bag Messages: Write a message or draw a cute picture on their sandwich bag. Use stickers to leave messages right on the sandwich bag.
- Cookie-Cut a Sandwich: Use a cookie cutter to shape their sandwich into fun designs like their favorite animal, character, or object. This adds a playful touch to their meal. I’ve made a seashell sandwich, a dinosaur sandwich, and a whale sandwich. Food art never gets old and it’s not that hard to make.
- Themed Lunchbox: Create a themed lunchbox based on their current interests, such as their favorite animal or under the sea creature.
- Fruit Kabobs: Make fruit more appealing by turning them into kabobs. It’s colorful, and fun, and encourages them to eat healthy. Our Cat in the Hat Fruit Kabobs are the perfect way to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday!
- Send a Sweet Treat: Occasionally, include a small dessert or sweet treat as a surprise. It’ll be something they look forward to discovering in their lunchbox. Whip up these fun Ice-Aged inspired chocolate cookie treats.
- Positive affirmations: Sending positive notes to children is a powerful tool for shaping a child’s mindset. Words of encouragement can help kids develop a healthy self-image. These reminders can help calm kids down when they’re feeling anxious or stressed.
The goal is to make lunchtime a little more exciting and show your kids that you’re thinking of them during their school day.
Share on Social Media
Share this activity with others by pinning, tweeting, or forwarding this blog post!