Today’s Peanut Butter and Jellyfish Sandwiches are sponsored by The Nature’s Harvest®. The bread information, coupons, gift card, gift pack, and additional giveaway have been provided by Nature’s Harvest® bread so that I could try share my thoughts about Nature’s Harvest® bread. The opinions expressed in this post are my own. Now just keep swimming to check out the fun stuff…
Serving the same sandwich gets old, so when I came across The Nature’s Harvest® Peanut Butter & Jellyfish Sandwiches recipe, I was inspired to make them immediately for my family. Plus, they are so stinkin cute. How can you not smile when you look at them? Many times I see the cutest sandwiches that I don’t dare try to make because they look too complicated and time consuming to bring to the table. That was not the case with the “Finding Dory” inspired recipe. Within minutes, I was able to create a fun twist on the classic PB&J sandwich that my entire family enjoyed.
I am not going to lie and say that I had The Nature’s Harvest® bread already stocked up in my pantry. I had never tried it before they sent it my way. Sure, it definitely caught my daughter’s attention in the grocery store because of the fact that Dory was featured on the front of the package, but I wasn’t quite ready to branch out and try a new bread. We are creatures of habits after all but I must try new things as that is what I teach my child to do. I am glad we branched out and tried something new because The Nature’s Harvest® bread was delicious and fresh. The Honey Wheat was my favorite and I decided to make these Sandwich Pearls with the shell cookie cutter. (Keep scrolling to the bottom for a change to win one!)
How to Make Peanut Butter & Jellyfish Sandwiches
4 slices Nature’s Harvest® Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat bread
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
4 tsp. 100% fruit spread
2 sticks light string cheese
4 banana slices
2 small slices celery
You will need:
Scissors and a round drinking glass (approx. 3-inch diameter)
- Spread equal amounts natural peanut butter and fruit spread on Nature’s Harvest® Bread to form 2 sandwiches.
- Cut into jellyfish shapes with round drinking glass, cutting curved bottom with scissors. I got my husband to help me with this one because he has more patience than I do!
- Pull apart string cheese and arrange underneath the sandwiches to resemble jellyfish tentacles. (Don’t worry, they won’t sting you!) Use banana slices and raisins for eyes and a slice of celery for a smile. (A great way to get your kids to eat veggies!)
About Nature’s Harvest® Bread, the star of the recipe:
- Every variety of Nature’s Harvest® bread has at least 8g or more of whole grains per serving, making it the easy choice for parents looking to give their family delicious bread as part of a well-balanced, nutritious diet.
- Moms can feel good about serving their families Nature’s Harvest® bread because it’s not baked with artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup.
- Nature’s Harvest® bread is available at major retailers nationwide and comes in delicious varieties including:
- Now through July, fans can purchase any four Nature’s Harvest® breads and receive a free, limited edition Dory TY® Sparkle Eye Beanie Boo™ plush toy. Swim by www.wholegrainsplash.com for more info!
- Follow Nature’s Harvest on Facebook.
About the Make a Splash with Whole Grains Sweepstakes:
- Nature’s Harvest® bread will be accepting entries for the Make A Splash with Whole Grains Facebook Sweepstakes from April 28 to July 7. See official rules here.
- All entrants will have the chance to win weekly prizes, including movie tickets, autographed posters and more.
- No purchase necessary
About the Movie:
Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” welcomes back to the big screen everyone’s favorite forgetful blue tang Dory (voice of Ellen DeGeneres), who’s living happily in the reef with Nemo (voice of Hayden Rolence) and Marlin (voice of Albert Brooks). When Dory suddenly remembers that she has a family out there who may be looking for her, the trio takes off on a life-changing adventure across the ocean to California’s prestigious Marine Life Institute, a rehabilitation center and aquarium. In an effort to find her mom (voice of Diane Keaton) and dad (voice of Eugene Levy), Dory enlists the help of three of the MLI’s most intriguing residents: Hank (voice of Ed O’Neill), a cantankerous octopus who frequently gives employees the slip; Bailey (voice of Ty Burrell), a beluga whale who is convinced his biological sonar skills are on the fritz; and Destiny (voice of Kaitlin Olson), a nearsighted whale shark. Deftly navigating the complex innerworkings of the MLI, Dory and her friends discover the magic within their flaws, friendships and family.
Directed by Andrew Stanton (“Finding Nemo,” “WALL•E”), co-directed by Angus MacLane (“Toy Story OF TERROR!”), and produced by Lindsey Collins (co-producer “WALL•E”), Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” swims into theaters June 17, 2016. For more information, like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/PixarFindingDory, and follow us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/findingdory and Instagram, https://instagram.com/DisneyPixar.
These sandwiches were a hit for everyone in the house. Let’s not forget it was a sneaky way to get my daughter to eat more than a few ingredients.
Let me know what you think about these super adorable and delicious Peanut Butter and Jellyfish Sandwiches. Don’t worry, they won’t sting you! Don’t forget that “Finding Dory” swims into theaters on July 17th.
Modern Mom Life Finding Dory Giveaway
Enter for a chance to win the following items by June 24, 2016:
- two (2) fish-shaped cookie cutters
- one (1) coupon valid for up to $5 off any Nature’s Harvest® bread
Please note that Modern Mom Life is responsible for the giveaway while Nature’s Harvest® bread is providing the prize.