Raise Craze is a unique fundraising program that not only gives back to communities but also raises funding for organizations. For the past few years, our family has spent time serving and not selling! Gone are the days of pressuring our family and friends to buy overpriced goods. Find out how you can bring Raise Craze to your school, team, or group while giving back to your community in an impactful and positive way.
This post is sponsored by Raise Craze and contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything via my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I know what you may be thinking… Another fundraiser? Ugh! Hear me out! I assumed we would be consumed with mundane fundraisers once my daughter started school. Instead, our school decided to partner with Raise Craze for our annual school fundraiser.
In that first year, our school raised over $47,400. The school kept over 93% of the money – all without selling a single item. But how?
The answer is simple: Through acts of kindness. Brilliant, right?
What we found is that many donors don’t really care to get something in return for donating money towards our school. Within days, my daughter was writing positive messages to friends, first responders, and even cooking breakfast in bed for me one day. What a fun surprise to wake up to! Year-after-year I am amazed how our kids rally together to give back to our community. It’s very inspiring and there’s no such thing as spreading too much kindness – especially right now.
How Raise Craze Works
Raise Craze is a new kind of fundraising platform that enables schools to raise money online through a pay-it-forward kindness model. The platform focuses on serving, not selling, by putting gratitude at the center of the fundraiser. Students set up secure, custom websites where they request donations via email.
During the fundraiser, students pay it forward by completing Acts of Kindness for others.
Raise Craze: A New Way to Fundraise
- Friends & family make a donation of support.
- Participants (students, players, group members) pay that generosity forward by completing acts of kindness in their local communities.
- Your organization keeps 90% of the money raised.
The difference between Raise Craze and traditional fundraisers
- Most fundraising companies keep an average of 50%+
- With kindness at the core, all students can participate in a Raise Craze fundraiser – not just those who can raise money
- You no longer have to sell products to raise money – most donors don’t care about the product.
Raise Craze fundraising ideas
In the online platform, there is a comprehensive list of acts of kindness that kids can complete and earn prizes along the way. One of our favorite ways to spread cheer and positivity is through kindness rocks.
Making kindness rocks are so much fun! It’s so easy, a preschooler can do it! My kids have just as much fun placing them throughout our neighborhood park.
- Craft Rocks – the flatter the rocks the better.
- Paint – Acrylic paint works best
- Permanent marker – adult help recommended
- Acrylic paint pens
- Aprons and paper towels – get ready to get messy!
- Temporary tattoos – optional but fun!
- Sponge for Tattoo application
(Note: another option is to purchase this Kindness Rocks Kit that includes most supplies)
- Paint the rocks in one color or let your kids’ creativity fly with mixed colors.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Write inspiring words or positive messages on top with a permanent marker. Another option is applying a temporary tattoo on top.
How to apply temporary tattoos on rocks
- Cut out the temporary tattoo.
- Peel the clear protective sheet off the tattoo and place face down on the rock.
- Hold a damp sponge on the back of the tattoo for 30 seconds.
- Use the sponge to rub the back of the rock until the paper begins to separate from the plastic.
- Once the paper begins to slide, peel the paper off the rock.
- Allow the rock to dry.
- Optional: Paint a layer of modge podge over the tattoo to seal.
More kindness activities for kids
- Kindness Bingo – a fun twist on the traditional bingo game that teaches gratitude.
- Delivery Driver Thank You Basket – my kids love keeping it stocked and watching the drivers pick up treats.
- Follow Raise Crazes’ Facebook and Instagram for weekly kids activities and resources
How to get started with a Raise Craze fundraiser
Curious about planning a Spring or Fall fundraiser for your team, club or school? Learn more:
- Request Information – Receive a Jumpstart Package delivered to your inbox!
- Start a fundraiser – If you are ready to bring Raise Craze to your organization, here’s how!
- Researching fundraisers? – Register for a webinar before making a decision!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Raise Craze. All opinions are my own.