Don’t miss an opportunity to have your kids ask their grandparents these questions. Download our free interview question workbook, find a special space and conduct an interview that your family will cherish for years to come.
Learning one’s family history is important especially when it comes to learning about our grandparents. They have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to share. What better way to connect kids with their grandparents is by conducting a kid/grandparent interview session? These interview questions will spark meaningful conversations. Kids will enjoy learning about grandma and grandpa’s lives!
20 Fun Questions to Ask Your Grandparents
These are the best questions to ask your grandparents about their life:
- What is your full name?
- Does your name have a special meaning?
- Did you have a nickname growing up?
- When were you born?
- Where were you born?
- Where did you grow up?
- What is the earliest memory that you have?
- What did you do for fun as a child?
- Did you have a favorite toy?
- What clothes were in fashion when you were young?
- What was your first pet?
- What was your favorite school subject?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Did you get into trouble when you were young? What did you do?
- Which holidays did you celebrate? How did you celebrate it?
- Did you get an allowance? How much was it and what did you spend it on?
- What was your first job?
- What was your first car?
- What is the biggest lesson you learned from your parents?
- What is different about growing up today than when you were a child?
Download free questions to ask your grandparents book
Save a piece of your family’s history and leave a living legacy behind with this journaling activity. Simply subscribe below and the questions for grandparents will be emailed to your inbox. Download and print at home with a few clicks!
Not interested in subscribing to an e-newsletter for a free printable PDF? I sell my printables for a minimal fee to support my business. Shop printables here.
More Conversation Starters
- Questions to Ask Your Parents – Simple questions to ask your parents.
- Questions to Ask Your Dad – Get to know more about your Dad with these 25 questions.
- New Year’s Eve Questions – Reflect on the past year and set goals for the new year.
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters – Questions that don’t involve controversial topics.