Here are 22 conversation starter questions for Thanksgiving Dinner that do not involve politics, religion or anything too controversial. These simple table topics will spark deep and meaningful conversations amongst your family. I enjoyed asking my parents these questions, and I know I will get a kick out of hearing family’s answers to these questions about gratitude. Any way to avoid talking about the upcoming election and I am there for it!
22 Conversation Starters to Ask Your Family During Thanksgiving Dinner
Ask these questions at your next holiday dinner or download the free Thanksgiving conversation starter printable here. Cut the questions out, place in a jar and have each person draw a question. Another way to play is draw a question and everyone at the table takes turns answering.
- Name a person you are thankful for.
- What is one goal you had for this year? Have you met it?
- Name a place you are thankful for.
- What did you learn this year?
- What is the best thing that happened to you this year?
- Why are you grateful for your country?
- What are you thankful for today?
- What is a toy you are grateful for?
- What travel experience are you most grateful for?
- If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Tell me the best thing about your day.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What makes your family special?
- What is the nicest thing someone did for you this year?
- My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is.
- I see myself doing this five years from now.
- If you could invite anyone to Thanksgiving, who would it be?
- Name a food you are thankful for.
- Name a thing you are thankful for.
- What is your favorite family tradition?