Kids and adults alike love to play Halloween charades! This printable game includes Halloween charades cards and more. Keep reading to learn how to play this simple and fun Halloween game for kids.
Feel free to adapt the rules and play Halloween charades according to the crowd you are with! Charades is a game of pantomimes where you have to “act out” a phrase without speaking. Then, your team members try to guess what the phrase is. There’s not a shortage of fun with 30 Halloween charade cards.
Why You will Love Halloween Charades
You are guaranteed to laugh at how people act out charades. Inevitably there will be a few that break the rules and then that’s fun to call out or throw the rules out the window and just play all day!
- Cardstock paper to print the charade cards
- a timer or stopwatch
- two baskets or container
- notepad and pen to keep score
- Download printable by subscribing below or shop for printable (if you don’t want to give your email out)
- Print and cut out the cards using scissors or a paper cutter.
- Divide players into two teams, equal in size.
- Optional: Each player writes Halloween items on blank cards and put the cards in the opposing team’s container.
- Decide how long of a time limit each team has to guess the charade cards.
- Determine how many rounds or point limit both teams want to play until.
How to Play Charades
- Decide which team goes first. You can go with a drawing, playing paper, rock, scissors or who is the oldest or youngest.
- A player from the first team draws a card. The player must act out of the charade while his or her teammates try to guess the correct answer. If the team guesses the correct term, then their team scores a point.
- Next, the opposing team does the same.
- Continue this until a team plays to certain score or time limit.
How to Play Single Charades
Don’t have enough people to play two teams? No problem! You can play single charades where everyone is on their own. Simply decide who goes first.
The player draws a charade game card and acts it out for everyone in the room to guess. The individual who correctly guesses go next, and so on.
- Others may ask the actor or actress questions. The actor may nod yes or no without making sound.
- Absolutely no sound including clapping, whistles, or laughing.
- The actor can make sounds only that pertain to the charade card.
More games ahead
- Campfire Charades – a fun camping game that is easy to play!
- Halloween Games – Halloween worksheets and games in one bundle!
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt – get outdoors and find Halloween items around town.
Download the printable
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you would not fill out the form, you can get a copy in my shop here.
The PDF will include:
- Three pages with 30 Halloween charade cards
- 1 page with blank Halloween charade cards. (You can insert your own charade ideas).
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!