Thank you American Cleaning Institute for sponsoring today’s free printable holiday cleaning checklist!
Now is a great time for parents to ensure that safety precautions are put into place before the craziness of the holiday season is upon us. By cleaning and organizing your home now, you can truly enjoy the spoils of staying home for the holidays without stressing about clutter, mess or the safety of your home for little ones.
To make it easier for families, we’ve created the ultimate holiday cleaning checklist. With this free cleaning printable, families can tackle cleaning the home together in an organized manner.
Download Holiday Cleaning Checklist
Simply download, print, and clean your home for the holidays now. This checklist is broken up into five sections. Finish it all in one day, delegate sections to other family members, or complete each area one day at a time. I’ve included some of the main cleaning and organizing tasks, but be sure to print the entire cleaning guide for all. Need help decluttering? Check out my 31-day decluttering challenge. Use the weekly cleaning checklist to maintain leading up to the holidays.
Since I spend the majority of my time in this room, I decided to start with the laundry room. Also, with kids at home more than ever it’s a good time to enforce these Laundry Room Safety Tips.
- Confirm liquid laundry packets are stored in original containers. (While clear or glass jars can be a creative way to display household items, storing liquid laundry packets visibly in these jars could attract unwanted attention from young children). Fun fact, the packaging is engineered and designed to be child-resistant – so think twice before taking it out of its original container.
- Store liquid laundry packets up high and away from children and pets. My dog spends most of his time in the laundry room, so its even more important that our liquid laundry packets are placed and stored up high and away.
- Wipe down counters.
- Wipe down washer and dryer.
- Wipe down and disinfect appliances.
- Clean out the stove and oven.
- Clean out fridge and freezer
- Clear out the clutter and consider donating gently used items.
- Vacuum mattresses.
- Reorganize drawers.
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Clean shower and tub.
- Clean toilet.
- Wipe down and disinfect shower doors.
- Clean bath mats
- Wipe baseboards.
- Clean blinds/curtains.
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Clean windows.
- Dust artwork, shelves, and photographs.
- Clean windows
- Wipe baseboards
Holiday Home Safety Tips
In addition to keeping a tidy and clutter-free home, I recommend families review these holiday home safety tips to keep the season safe and more enjoyable.
- Check holiday lighting for cracks, frays, and loose connections.
- Winterize your home. (Faucets are covered, turn off the sprinkler system, etc.)
- Test smoke alarms.
- When purchasing laundry packets and other household cleaners from the store, have them bagged separately and put them away in their designated safe storage spot – out of sight and out of reach – as soon as you get home and unpack your groceries.
- Keep decorations away and above children’s reach.
About Packets Up!
The Packets Up! campaign is an educational effort by the American Cleaning Institute to help parents and caregivers understand the importance of practicing laundry safety, including properly using, storing and handling liquid laundry packets (LLPs).
- Visit packetsup.com for more information and tools to help you prevent exposures from liquid laundry packets.
- Join the conversation, follow #PacketsUp for the latest laundry room safety tips and information.
- Order a free cling and put it on your cabinet as a safe storage reminder
Happy Holiday Cleaning!
There’s no better time like the present to prep your home for the holidays. While you are cleaning your home, be sure to keep safety in mind. Accidents happen, but they can be prevented especially in the laundry room. Keep your Packets Up and enjoy your holiday season.