Thank you General Mills for sponsoring this Almond Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars recipe! All opinions are my own.
The winter break has been wonderful time for our family. Spending time together not on a schedule rushing to get out the door is very nice.
It’s also been a great time to try new recipes before preschool starts again.
What better way to try new recipes than with the new Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios that are now available at Walmart.
Cheerios are a family favorite in our home, so it’s not shocking that we would fall in love with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios – their newest cereal.
We decided to make Almond Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars. Warning: you may be tempted to eat everything while you are making this recipe so be sure to have plenty of ingredients – especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios.
I can eat them by the handful – they are that tasty! We did refrain from eating the entire box and were able to successful make chocolate peanut butter Cheerio snack bars.
A no-bake treat that kids can make and eat is a win-win. These delicious cereal bars can be eaten right away or stored for up to a week.
Once school is back in session, save time in the kitchen by making them ahead of time and sending them with your kids in their lunchboxes. Don’t forget to save a few for yourself.
Why should kids have all the fun?
- 4 cups chocolate peanut butter cheerios
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- sea salt
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cheerios in a large bowl. Spray a 9x9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix peanut butter, chopped almonds, butter, syrup, and 1 cup of chocolate chips in a medium sauce pan and stir over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour mixture over cheerios and stir to coat well. Transfer to prepared pan and press firmly to flatten. Sprinkle peanut butter chips over cheerio bars. Bake 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat, spread peanut butter chips with a rubber spatula. Immediately sprinkle sea salt.
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in microwave with a teaspoon of coconut oil or butter to make a smooth mixture. Microwave in 15 second increments. Pour on top of cereal bars.
- Chill 3 hours. Remove from pan, cut into snack bars.