Learn how to paint mason jars from the inside in minutes. All you need is a few supplies to get started. No spray paint is required! The finished product looks amazing! Use these gorgeous mason jars for decorative or gifting purposes.
Ever wonder how mason jars are painted from the inside of the jar? The process is incredibly simple. With this mason jar project, you can create a beautiful decorative piece for any event or home decor item.
How to paint mason jars from the inside
Grab a few mason jars and paint to get ready for some crafting fun!
- First, pour paint into a mason jar.
- A huge amount of paint is not necessary to cover the jar. Experiment with the amount to get your desired look. The more paint you use, the more excess paint will fall out when you tip the jar upside down.
- Next, move the mason jar in a circular motion to cover it completely with paint.
- Keep turning the jar. Be patience and don’t rush the paint to cover the glass.
- Pour excess paint back into the paint container, then place the jar upside down on wax paper and dry overnight. Wax paper works better than paper towels because it won’t stick to the jar.
- Allow jars to dry completely before using.
Mason jar craft ideas
- Paint orange to make pumpkin jars or paint white for a snowman for the winter months.
- Make a Santa Mason Jar
- Use jar to hold gift cards as a present.
- Keep things in order with a mason jar organizer.
- Create a Lorax pencil holder for a teacher.
Shop supplies here
Share mason jar craft
If you love this project, you will love all the ones I am pinning right now. Follow me on Pinterest for more DIY ideas.