Surprise your child’s friends and classmates this Valentine’s Day with our free printable Sunglasses Valentine’s Day cards. These cool, fun-filled cards are perfect for school exchanges. Simply download, print, assemble, and spread the love! This is a simple and easy DIY project that you can do at home. Plus, it’s a great way to add a personal touch to your Valentine’s Day gifts.
These Valentine’s Day cards for kids are a great non-candy Valentine’s Day treat option. Some students have food allergies and their parents will appreciate their kids being gifted a pair of sunglasses for those bright days outside! The best part of this unique Valentine is that kids can reuse the sunglasses over and over again long after the holiday ends.
Please note that I make a small commission on my affiliate links when you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Why kids love these Pop It Valentine’s Day Cards
Not only do parents love this DIY idea, kids get very excited when they see the bright sunglasses. Kids love sunglasses Valentine’s Day cards for several reasons:
Vibrant Design – our printable Valentine’s Day cards come with a playful and vibrant designs, which is visually appealing to kids. This alone adds an element of fun to the traditional Valentine’s Day cards.
Goes beyond the paper – the interactive element of attaching real sunglasses to the card adds a tangible gift that kids can use and play with, making the card more than just a piece of paper. This also makes the card a two-in-one gift, which is exciting for children. The heart sunglasses come in various colors and can appeal to kids of all ages.
School-friendly option – With many schools banning candies from Valentine’s Day exchanges, these sunglass cards offer a creative and school-friendly alternative. They are also easy to make at home, making them a perfect DIY project for kids.
Positive messaging – the message implied by the sunglasses – that the recipient is ‘cool’ or ‘shining’ – is a positive and empowering message that kids enjoy
Our PDF includes four different Punny Messages that will make your kids laugh:
- Valentine, You are My Sunshine
- You are just Spec-tacular
- You brighten my day!
- I only have eyes for you!
Supplies for FREE Pop It Printable Valentine Cards
- Printable Valentine’s Day cards file (Subscribe below at the bottom of this post)
- Heart-shaped sunglasses or any fun glasses that come in different colors.
- White cardstock paper or regular printer paper
- Printer and ink – to print the cards out on.
- Glue dots – easy removal or clear tape (double-sided tape works too!)
- Scissors or a paper cutter to cut straight lines
- Marker or pen – to sign your child’s name
How to Make the Heart Sunglasses Valentine Cards
Making DIY sunglasses Valentine’s Day cards can be a fun and creative activity. If you’re doing this activity with your kids, it can be a great opportunity to spend quality time together. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Get the files: Subscribe below to get the instant download of the free Valentine printable tags below.
- Print the tags: Print the tags at home on heavy white card stock to ensure it’s sturdy. Make sure your printer has enough ink. If you don’t have a printer at home, print at a local print shop like UPS or FedEx. Make sure you print enough copies of the printable tags to accommodate your kids’ friends.
- Cut the cards: Then, using scissors or the paper trimmer cut the tags out one by one.
- Attach the sunglasses: Place a glue dot on the center of the back of the sunglasses and secure it in the middle of the card. Another option is to secure the sunglasses on the top of the card using clear tape. Make sure to tape both the top and bottom of the sunglasses to the card so they stay in place
- Add a personal touch: Customize the cards by writing your child’s name below the pair of sunglasses on the card. If your child is still learning how to write his or her name, help them out by writing their name for him or her.
How to use these Sunglasses Valentine cards
If your child is participating in a Valentine’s Day card exchange at school, these can be a unique and fun option. They are easy to produce in large quantities, and the added sunglasses offer a small gift for each classmate. Perfect for classroom Valentine’s Day parties!
If you’re hosting a Valentine’s Day party or a Galentine’s Day event, these cards can double as party favors. Guests will love to take selfies and fun photos with their cute pair of sunglasses.
These cards make great promo items. If you’re a business owner, consider using these cards as a promotional tool. Hand them out to customers around Valentine’s Day as a fun way to promote your brand.
My daughter and her fellow Swifties love the red heart sunglasses because they love to act like they are Taylor Swift! Makes for great party favors for karoake kids events jamming out to Taylor Swift.
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope these unique holiday cards brighten your day!
More Free Valentine’s Day Cards
Looking for more Valentine’s designs? Check out our other free printable Valentine cards:
- 75+ Free Printable Valentines for Kids
- Pop It Valentine’s Day Cards – Learn how to make this cute card for Valentine’s Day that is accompanied by a heart-shaped “Pop It” fidget toy
- Star Wars Valentine’s Day cards – Choose from 20 cards including Star Wars cards that include glow sticks!
- TRex Valentine’s Day cards – Punny Valentine’s Day cards for dino lovers.
- Succulent Valentine’s Day cards – Let someone know they are special with these punny Valentine’s cards. It’s the perfect way to spread cheer for the plant lovers in your life!
- 25+ Free Printable Valentine Cards for Classmates
- 15 Super Fun Dollar Store Valentines
- Googly eyes homemade Valentine’s Day cards
Get the Sunglasses Valentine Day Cards
The Free Valentine’s printable pdf includes these cute cards in four different versions:
- You Make My Heart Pop printable Valentine’s Day card- 4 gift tags on one page.
- Hope Your Valentine’s Day is Poppin gift tag – 6 tags on one page.
Sign up to my email list below and grab your FREE instantly!
Your information is 100% secure and will never be shared with anyone. By signing up you’ll be added to my email list where I share resources weekly. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you do not fill out the form with your email address to subscribe, you can purchase here at an additional cost.
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!