Download and print these clever Elf on the Shelf notes to holiday cheer this Christmas season! Need help coming up with easy elf ideas? This printable bundle includes 40 different elf notes! Encourage your kids to stay off Santa’s naughty list with these encouraging messages from Scout Elf himself. Don’t miss out on the holiday fun that the cute elf brings to your children.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, Modern Mom Life LLC earns a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
The Elf on the Shelf is one of our favorite Christmas traditions. It’s quite simple to participate. There are so many fun activities to experience Christmas magic with Santa’s little helper.
This holiday tradition is simple. First, the parents adopt an adorable elf. On the first day, your elf arrives for the season, sit down with your children and read the book that is usually included with the elf.
Some parents include an elf arrival letter or a special note to kick off the Elf on the Shelf experience. This is a great way to introduce your new elf to the family and build some excitement.
Next, your children will select your elf’s name. Need help choosing a name for your new friend? Use this Elf Name generator to come up with a fun little elf name.
The Elf on the Shelf rules are simple and so much fun:
- Parents can determine when their elves arrive but typically it’s right after Thanksgiving Day or December 1st.
- Kids should not touch their elves or they will lose their magic! When they lose their magic, the elves do not move the next morning.
- Each evening, the parents move the elf to different spots in the house. Use our printable elf notes to come up with new ways to display your elf.
- Scout Elves return to the North Pole on Christmas Eve to help Santa prep for the next holiday season!
Free Clever Elf on the Shelf Notes
This bundle includes 40 printable letters your elf can hold or be displayed near. Every busy parent can use these new ideas. Plan ahead and hide them in a safe spot. During those nights when you can’t think of anything new to do, use these note cards to go with your favorite elf buddies. The download sign up can be found at the bottom of this post.
It’s such a magical time of year! Don’t stress over the elf season. Use these printable cards to help you come up with elf-on-the-shelf ideas. Here’s a list of elf notes included in the ultimate elf on the shelf notes printable pdf:
- I’m Back – include the Elf welcome letter and some fun treats. I’ve seen some parents host an Elf on the Shelf Return Party!
- You were really nice this week
- I saw that! Remember to be nice
- Remember to pick up your toys
- Hooray! Santa Claus will be here in ___ days
- Do I smell cookies? – Have a plate of Christmas cookies nearby!
- Please clean your room.
- Let’s watch a holiday movie together
- Bring your favorite book and read it to me
- Do one act of kindness for me
- Make a pretty ornament for the tree
- Did you write a letter to Santa?
- Let’s go build a snowman – include cotton balls or marshmallows nearby.
- Tell me your best snowman joke
- I hide 6 candy canes, can you find them? Find small candy canes at your nearby grocery store.
- I’ll be reporting this to Santa. Use this card for the naughty behavior days.
- Let’s take a Christmas selfie together.
- Let’s make homemade Santa cards.
- Santa says hi!
- Keep up the good work! – Encourage good behavior with this card.
- Please draw me a Christmas picture!
- Here is a special treat for you! – Reward a good deed.
- Thank you for having me! See you next year. – Host a goodbye party and use any of these elf on the shelf goodbye ideas.
- Greetings from the North Pole – display your elf near your Christmas tree.
- Sorry, I forgot to move last night. I ate too many cookies and got a tummy ache.
- You are ELF-tacular!
- A note from the elf (Blank space to fill it in yourself)
- Don’t forget to brush your teeth!
- Mrs. Claus sent you a gift.
- Let’s have a Snowball fight! (place cotton balls nearby)
- When the naughty goes away, I will come back and play!
- Elf on strike until you clean your room!
- Do an extra chore to help your parents
- Keep calm and drink cocoa – have a hot chocolate cocoa kit or hot chocolate bombs displayed close to your elf.
- Blank elf note – include your own special message.
- To me, you are perfect
- I am in Elf Quarantine for ___ days
- Check out what I made for you!
- I brought you back a surprise from the North Pole!
There is not an official space for your elf’s name on the cards; however, you can handwrite your elf’s name on each card if you see fit.
- White Paper or Cardstock – I find cardstock paper looks best and makes the colors really pop!
- Pens, pencils, and crayons.
For best printing results – print the different elf notes on cardstock. Laminate the cards so they last for years to come!
More Elf on the Shelf printables
The holiday fun doesn’t stop here. Here are more Elf printables to keep the magic of the holidays going:
- Clever Elf on the Shelf ideas – 20 fun easy elf ideas you can do yourself.
- Elf on the Shelf Report Card – encourage and track good behavior!
- Elf Goodbye Letter – Say goodbye to your household elf with a custom Elf leaving letter.
- Urgent Elf Recall Letter – Need a break from this tradition? The North Pole needs your elf’s help to save Christmas Day.
- 30 Days of Elf on the Shelf ideas – includes a printable calendar to keep you organized. Tip: Hide the calendar from kids.
- Printable elf calendar – includes Christmas Countdown activities for the entire month of December.
Get the Files
Get the Elf on the Shelf notes now. Note: these cards are NOT editable files. First, enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable pdfs. You will receive an instant digital download and the file will be sent to your email address within minutes.
f you would not like to fill out the form, you can get access to the printable in my shop here. The PDF will include 6 pages including a cover page:
- Elf on the Shelf Notes (40 cards on 6 pages) They print out 8 cards to a page.
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!