Broken Bow, Oklahoma is a trending travel destination that is sure to please even the pickiest of travelers. Here’s everything you need to know about Hochatown and what makes this one of the fastest-growing travel destinations for families, couples, and girls trips.
Where is Broken Bow located?
Broken Bow is located in Southeast Oklahoma in McCurtain county. This popular site is approximately 200-250 miles away from Dallas, Tulsa, Shreveport, and Oklahoma City.
What is the difference between Broken Bow and Beavers Bend?
Broken Bow is home to the Beavers Bend Resort Park.
Where to stay when visiting Broken Bow and Beavers Bend
Due to its popularity, there isn’t a lack of Broken Bow cabins to reserve. The challenge is that the search can get a bit overwhelming with numerous options to choose from.
Depending on your party size and personal needs, Linneman’s Ridge may be your best bet. We were graciously hosted there for a two-night stay in exchange for this post.
We lodged at Linneman’s Ridge, a Broken Bow luxury cabin located on a secluded 1.5-acre lot surrounded by 100’ pine trees and amazing views from a two-story deck.
This cabin is brand new and perfect for a family of four, two couples, or a girls trip. This cabin features a double master suite layout with luxury amenities, a wraparound balcony, two fireplaces, a fire pit, games, and a hot tub. The cabin, built into a cliff, sits on a secluded 1.1 acre lot in Timber Creek Estates.
We loved the open floor plan and having a coffee bar, complete with a Keurig, Nespresso, and drip coffee maker. See more photos here.
Both Master rooms have doors leading out to the outdoor patio. The scenic views are breathtaking and relaxing. Anyone could work from home in this luxurious and peaceful cabin.
The place you will want to spend all your time is on the upper and lower decks. Guests can enjoy an outdoor fireplace and hot tub on the lower deck.
Head down the steps to the fire pit and roast marshmallows.
Linneman’s Ridge is perfect for two couples, a small family or a girls’ trip. If you are traveling with a large crowd, check out VRBO for more Broken Bow Cabin rentals that fit your personal travel needs.
What to do in Hochatown
Whether you are visiting with family, taking a couple’s retreat, or a girls’ weekend, Hochatown offers a variety of options for visitors to enjoy. For a more comprehensive list of things to do in this area check out this list.
Please check each attraction’s website for their COVID-19 procedures. This will be the most up-to-date when it comes to mask-wearing policies.
Things to do in Broken Bow with adults
- Go hiking at Beaver’s Bend State Park – We conquered the Friends Trail before the rainstorm hit.
- Visit a winery
- Distillery Tours and Breweries. I hear great things about Mountain Fork Brewery.
- Enjoy nature – Hiking, fishing, boating, and bird watching.
- Unwind and visit one of the area’s many Massage Therapy and Day Spa’s. Many of the spas offer treatment right in the comfort of your own cabin!
- Test your luck at Choctaw Casino
- Play a round of golf at the Cedar Creek Golf Course
Top Things to do with kids in Broken Bow
There is not a shortage of family-friendly fun in Hochatown. The area has plenty to keep families entertained for several days. Be sure to grab our Road Trip Bingo game to keep the kids entertained during your traveling.
- Beavers Bend Resort Park
- Stop by the Beavers Bend Resort Park stables to enjoy a one-hour trail ride.
- Broken Bow Lake – next to Beavers Bend this lake is a great place for boating, wakeboarding, swimming, and fishing.
- Nature – Hiking, fishing, mountain bike rentals
- Craving adventure? Rent an ATV or Boat to enjoy the beauty of Hochatown!
- Beavers Bend Depot and Trail Rides – take a train ride on a 1/3 size replica of the C.P.Huntington S.P. train through the beautiful Beavers Bend State Park.
- Hochatown Amusements – the park features Go Kart Racing, Miniature Golf, and more! Closed during the winter season in January but open for Spring and Summer.
Where to dine in Hochatown
There are so many delicious and unique Broken Bow restaurants:
- Grateful Head – Brick oven pizza and craft beers. Watch out for the Sneaky Snake brew. Tasty but sneaky. (We had lunch here and loved it!)
- Blue Rooster – Fried Chicken, catfish, and shrimp, Cold Beer, Drinks, Wine, and big porches.
- Foggy Bottom Restaurant – A family-friendly restaurant that is inside Beavers Bend State Park
- Abendigos Grill and Patio– perfect for date nights.
- Shady Oaks Restaurant – Pancakes, omelettes, sandwiches, etc.
More Family Road Trip ideas
- Family Road Trip from Texas to Colorado – Grab our six-day road trip itinerary from Texas to Colorado Springs and Breckenridge, Colorado.
- Port Aransas Beach Vacation – Don’t miss out on visiting this luxury beachfront community.
- San Antonio family road trip – Experience San Antonio in the beautiful hill country.