Struggling to come up with Summer kids activities for your kids? With the coronavirus pandemic, we are looking at virtual summer camps to keep our kids busy and active. Here are 50 virtual summer camp ideas for kids preschool and up!
50+ Fun Virtual Summer Camps for Kids
Virtual summer camps are this year’s go-to option as many camps have canceled and many parents are still feeling uneasy about being in large crowds with others.
How do virtual camps work?
Virtual camps allow kids to learn a variety of lessons from the comfort of their own home. All that is needed is a strong internet connection, computer, and time to focus. Some camps are weekly while others run multiple weeks in a row. While some programs are free, there are virtual camps that cost a fee. Please note that some dates, fees and details are subject to change without notice. Waitlists may apply.
Virtual Summer Camps for all ages and interests
Parents can choose from the following categories for online learning: performing arts, sports, STEM, arts, and more! I’ve also included Summer Camps in a Box – a fun new product where they send families the supplies and instruction to do at home.
Virtual Performing Arts camps
- North Texas Performing Arts – (All ages) taught by extraordinary directors, actors, and singers who have worked everywhere from Broadway to L.A.
- Dallas Children’s Theatre – (Grades pre-K & up) Virtual classes are developmentally age-appropriate and our Musical Theater classes are structured by age and experience levels. Teen classes offer opportunities to focus on technique.
- Argenta Community Theater Summer Arts Program – features 4 professional performing arts teachers focusing on Dance, Vocal Music, Film, and Acting.
- Camp Broadway – (Ages 10-14) Led by Camp Broadway’s team of theater industry professionals, classes last 60-min and can be taken individually or as a series.
- CLI Studios Dance Experience – an 8-week summer program that features dance classes around the world to help dancers keep dancing this Summer.
- Children’s Theatre Company Virtual Academy – (Grades K -12) Learn from the leading theatre for young audiences wherever you are!
- Gas Lamp Players – (Grades 3-12) offering performing arts camps led by industry professionals and Broadway veterans.
- Music Institute of Chicago – (Grades K-12) learn how to play a variety of instruments from piano to the oboe.
Virtual sports and fitness summer camps
- CG Victory Camp – (Grades 3 – 8) Join CG Victory for a 90-minute LIVE-streamed virtual camp experience! High-energy, fast-paced FUN coming to your living room! Exciting competitions will get your kids up & moving while at home.
- The First Tee of Fort Worth Golfing Camp – (Ages 5 and up) Online classes for summer are available at no charge but will require registration.
- Soccer Stats Virtual Camp – (Ages 3-10) live coaches leading Zoom screen sharing sessions.
- Skyhawks – (Ages 3-12) Get active at home with various engaging, game-based physical education programs.
Virtual STEM camps
- Code Ninjas – (Ages 7-14) Fun weekly challenges, kids can learn how to build video games while boosting their problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center Summer Your Way – (Ages 5 and up) exciting summer learning programs that they bring to your group virtually.
- Booleangirl STEM ahead camp (Ages 10-14) – live instructor-led online camps to teach coding to kids.
- Nasa at Home – (All ages) Not a camp but I had to share these amazing virtual tours of the NASA facilities, apps, and more!
- Vanguard Discovery Camp – (All ages) Fun and creative hands-on summer camp focusing on STEAM education.
- Connected Camps – (8-13) Online classes in Minecraft, e-sports, and digital marketing.
- iDTechCamp – (Ages 7-19) Learn to code. Discover AI. Mod Minecraft. Create with Roblox. Develop a video game. Your child can choose from one of our themes, or customize their own!
- Ivy Virtual Camp – (Ages 5-15) Over 50+ classes for kids in many subjects: Computer Programming, Digital Design, Video Game Creation, Minecraft, Science, Engineering, Math, Business, Arts, Humanities, and more.
Online art camps
- Dallas Museum of Art – (Ages 4-12) Spend a week with Museum educators exploring art, playing games, and making projects from the comfort of your own home.
- Art Camp: Monsters, Robots, and Aliens (Ages 6-9) 3-day art camp experience where kids brainstorm and use their imaginations to create wild and crazy monsters, robots and aliens!
- Fashion Camps – (Ages 8-16) Choose from a variety of fashion-focused classes including Jersey Shore, Bohemian and Kentucky Derby week!
- PCCA Art Camp (Ages 8-12) – Young artists across the globe can get creative from the safety of home with the Rochester area’s first Virtual Summer Art Camp.
- Interlochen Arts Camp – (Grades 9-12) Choose your course of study from 11 different offerings in music, theatre, dance, creative writing, visual arts, and film.
- MOCA Virtual Summer Art Camps – (Ages 6-13) Free. Campers will be introduced to mixed media, painting, drawing, and textile arts during these fun workshops led by professional art instructors
- Art Camp 504 – (Ages 5-13) The small classes (4-6 kids) allow campers to chat freely and receive high quality, individualized instruction.
- Camp Super Now (Ages 5-11) Camp starts with your cabin — the counselor-led group of fellow campers that meets daily via Zoom for 1 hour. Cabins are organized by age and campers can join with a group of friends or make new ones from across the country. Discount code offer: $25 off the two-week sessions that are $199. Use code MODERNMOM25
- Camp PBS Kids (All ages) Explore ideas, tips and activities around different themes with your favorite PBS KIDS characters!
- Dreamworks Animation – DreamWorks Animation will create weekly show inspired activities & live streams including Arts & Crafts, Sing-Alongs & more!
- Boomwriter Haunt – (Ages 9-12) online summer writing camp for kids age 9-12. Write and share amazing stories and become a published author.
- Varsity Tutors (Ages 5-18) offers interactive enrichment-based classes.
- Brain Chase – online 6-week earning challenge for K-12 students.
- Dallas City of Learning – an online learning hub featuring hundreds of free, quality educational programs for families to access while learning from home. Featured educational content partners include Boeing, the Perot Museum, the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum, Dallas ISD, and the State Fair of Texas.
- Camp Summit At Home – (All ages) fun and free at-home camp-themed activities via #CampSummitAtHome!
- Camp Wonderopolis – (All ages, but targeted for grades 2-8) Sponsored by the National Center for Families Learning (NCFL), this online camp lets kids explore topics such as weather, food, and technology.
- Creative Live (All ages) Master your craft, your passion, or something new with creative classes taught by the world’s best.
- Cratejoy Morning Camp – (Ages 6-12) All morning sessions and Get Fit sessions are open to all campers free of charge. Activities will be taught by experts in their field, from chefs to educators, scientists, and more.
- Summer Camp Cratejoy – (Ages 6-12) 5 full days in June, campers will learn, create, and explore themes like Science & Community, Arts & Crafts, Culinary Arts, Technology, and Art, Theater & Music
- Texas 4-H Virtual Experience – Classes include Junior Master Farmer, Leadership, outdoor education and more!
- Great Wolf – 24 Fun Summer Activities for Kids including a Trailblazer Challenge the entire family can enjoy!
Summer camps for animal lovers
- Wonder Explorers Club (Ages 6 and up) This club is for intrepid adventurers! Ensure that your child’s curiosity, open-mindedness, and imagination stay strong and vibrant.
- Bronx Zoo – (Grades pre-k – 8th) Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at their animals while connecting with the natural world.
- Zoo Camp2U – (Ages 3-K and Grades 1-10) Zoo Camp2U is offering a unique blend of activities that will inspire your child to get outside!
Summer Camps in a Box
- Great Lakes Aquarium’s Summer Camp in a Box – (Grades K – 5th) delivers some of the best elements of our popular summer day camp programs right to your door! Each Summer Camp in a Box includes the following elements for a one-week experience.
- Art Camp in a Box – (Ages 5-12) The box includes ALL supplies you’ll need to complete TEN COOL PROJECTS and finish with an awesome Art Show at the end of the week! You can even join in on our LIVE Zoom classes with Kim!
- Little Passports – (Ages 5 – 9+) host Summer camp at home. Keep campers busy for six days, 3-4 hours a day. Different themes per box.
- Cub Scouts Adventure Boxes – (Grades 1 – 5th) each rank specific box is filled with nearly everything you need to complete five elective Cub Scout Adventures at home and kick-start your Scouts advancement to the next rank this summer.
- Spangler Science Club (Ages 5-12) Choose from one of three levels of hands-on science kits and subscribe to amazing science delivered every month!
Want more virtual summer camp ideas? Check out this marketplace of live, online classes for kids taught via video chat. There are over 15,000 live classes to choose from!
Did I miss any must-attend virtual camps? Please let me know in the comments below or on Facebook.