This simple and easy to make unicorn popcorn recipe will dazzle your party guests. Make this candy popcorn during movie night or your next magical Unicorn inspired party.
How to make unicorn popcorn
Making unicorn popcorn is not difficult by any means. The hardest part is not eating all the candy before you put it all together.
Unicorn Popcorn Recipe: Ingredients
For this popcorn party treat you will need to buy a few sweet items. What makes this recipe special are the unicorns and rainbows throughout. I stumbled across these special Lucky Charms that include magical unicorns. I enlisted my daughter to sort through separating the rainbows and unicorns.
Unicorn Food treat instructions
First, place popcorn on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Next, melt 1/4 cups of each color of candy melts and spread throughout the popcorn in layers.
After you top the popcorn with the last color immediately toss the sprinkles, unicorns and rainbows on top.
Place popcorn mixture in fridge for at least fifteen minutes to allow candy to harden. Take cookie sheet out of fridge and break up the popcorn to place in bags, cups or sacks.
Place Starburst candy pieces throughout to add more fun to the mix. The candy adds a new dimension to the popcorn. Guests will be pleasantly surprised by all the flavors. Only something as magical as a unicorn could create such a satisfying snack item.
Aren’t Unicorn party treats so much fun! This popcorn makes me want to host a Unicorn Party. It’s so colorful and tasty I might add.
Don’t have time to make your own unicorn treat? Purchase pre-made Unicorn Popcorn.
- 1 package White Cheddar Popcorn
- 1/3 cup blue candy melts
- 1/3 cup pink candy melts
- 1/3 cup purple candy melts
- Starbursts , Yellow and Pink
- 1 box Lucky Charms Cereal , Sort Rainbows and Unicorns
- Remove popcorn from package and onto a cookie sheet.
- Melt 1/3 cup of blue candy melts in microwave for 45 seconds and mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a sandwich bag and cut the corner with scissors. Spread mixture on top of popcorn.
- Melt 1/3 cup of pink candy melts in microwave for 45 seconds and mix until smooth. Spread mixture on popcorn.
- Melt 1/3 cup of purple candy melts in microwave for 45 seconds and mix until smooth. Spread mixture on popcorn.
- Immediately following, toss sprinkles, unicorn and rainbows candies on top of popcorn mixture.
- Place popcorn in fridge for at least 15 minutes so the candy mixture with sprinkles and candy will harden on popcorn.
- Remove from fridge, break up popcorn and add Starbursts.
- Serve Unicorn popcorn in bags, cups or bowls. Enjoy!