Experience the magic of St. Patrick’s Day with our thrilling Scavenger Hunt Game! Perfect for kids of all ages, this game promises fun for everyone. This free scavenger hunt is a great way to find fun things indoors or outdoors.
Please note that I make a small commission on my affiliate links when you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Add a dash of Irish charm to your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with our exciting Scavenger Hunt Game! Designed for the whole family, it turns your party into an adventure filled with fun clues, laughter, and unforgettable memories
Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
Get ready for a fun St. Patrick’s day treasure hunt! We have made it easy for parents to host their hunt with our free printable scavenger hunt. Our activity pack includes the best scavenger hunt tips, clues, and blank cards to create your own clues and prize ideas.
We have done all the heavy planning so you can host the best scavenger hunt for kids!
- Printable Scavenger Hunt Game file (Subscribe at the bottom of the post to get the instant download)
- Heavy White cardstock paper or regular paper to print the cards out on.
- Prizes (see list below for some ideas)
Simply print the cards out and using scissors or a paper trimmer cut them out.
St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Tips
- Themed Decorations: Decorate the scavenger hunt area with St. Patrick’s Day-themed decorations like shamrocks, leprechauns, and rainbows to create a festive atmosphere.
- Colorful clues: Use our green and gold printable clues to keep in line with St. Patrick’s Day theme.
- Age-Approporate challenges: Consider the age and interests of the participants when planning challenges and clues. Ensure they are suitable for the age group.
- Clear instructions: Provide clear instructions for each clue.
- Teams or Individuals: Decide whether the hunt will be individual or team-based. Will you host an indoor scavenger hunt or an outdoor treasure hunt?
- Safety First: If playing outdoors, be mindful of safety. Choose a safe playing area and ensure participants are aware of any potential hazards.
- Time management: Set a reasonable time limit for the scavenger hunt.
- Prizes: Consider having small St. Patrick’s Day-themed prizes for those who complete the scavenger hunt. This adds to the excitement of playing this game.
- Photographs: Encourage participants to take photos at each location to remember the scavenger hunt.
- Involve everyone: Ensure everyone feels included and engaged.
- Have fun: Most importantly, have fun! This scavenger hunt should be an enjoyable and memorable experience for all involved.
How to play this Scavenger Hunt Game
Playing a scavenger hunt game with clue cards can be a thrilling activity for kids. Here’s a simple guide on how to do it:
- Plan Ahead: Decide on the location of the scavenger hunt. This could be indoors, outdoors, or a combination of both. Make sure the area is safe for the kids.Create Clue Cards: Write clues that lead to specific locations. The clues can be riddles, puzzles, or simple directions. Make sure they are age-appropriate and not too difficult for the kids to solve. For example, a clue could be: “I’m tall when I’m young and short when I’m old. What am I?” (Answer: A candle)Hide the Clues: Place the clue cards in their respective locations. Each clue should lead to the next blue in order. The last clue should lead to the final destination or treasure. At the end of the hunt, players will encounter a small prize or treat. Explain the Rules: Gather the kids and explain the rules of the game. Make sure they understand how to read the clues and where they can and cannot go.Start the Game: Hand the first clue to the kids and let the fun begin! Encourage them to work together if they’re playing as a team.Celebrate the End: Once the kids reach the final destination or find the treasure, celebrate their success! You could have small prizes, snacks, or just high-fives ready.
How to set up the scavenger hunt
Setting up and playing the scavenger hunt is simple.
- Plan Ahead: Decide on the location of the scavenger hunt. This could be indoors, outdoors, or a combination of both. Make sure the area is safe for the kids.
- Create Clue Cards or use ours below: If you use our blank printable clue cards make sure you write clues that lead to specific locations. The clues can be riddles, puzzles, or simple directions. Make sure they are age-appropriate and not too difficult for the kids to solve.
- Hide the Clues: Place the clue cards in their respective locations. Start with the first clue. Each clue after should lead to the next one. The last clue should lead to the final destination or treasure.
- Explain the Rules: Gather the kids and explain the rules of the game. Make sure they understand how to read the clues and where they can and cannot go.
- Start the Game: Hand the first card to the kids and let the fun begin! Encourage them to work together if they’re playing as a team.
- Celebrate the End: Once the kids reach the final destination or find the treasure, celebrate their success! You could have small prizes, snacks, or just high-fives ready.
Our St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Clues
You are in luck! Our printable pack includes 16 St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Clues and 8 blank Scavenger Hunt Clues. Which hint is your favorite clue? Our game also includes the answer key to help you plan your game in minutes!
Use our answer key when you need help guiding your group together to the finish line.
Blank St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Clues
Create your own St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt with our festive blank cards.
St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Prize Ideas
These treats are so much fun for players to win. Once the final clue is solved, players should be surprised with one of these fun prizes. Perhaps, it will be at the end of the rainbow!
- Gold Coins – Make a pot of gold with chocolate gold coins!
- Leprechaun hats
- Shamrock cookies
- Irish themed stickers
- St. Patrick’s Day Books
- Rainbow Treats
- Irish Music CD
- St. Patrick’s Day Puzzles
- Lucky Charms Cereal
- Irish themed mugs
- Green snacks
- St. Patrick’s Day Balloons
- A small toy
- Irish tea sampler
- St. Patrick’s Day Socks
- Rainbow slinky toy
- Green and gold nail polish – or these festive nail wraps!
- Diy craft kits
- Any small gift
Always remember to choose prizes that are suitable for your audience and make the event fun and memorable. Happy Hunting! Get ready for a great time and get creative with your hiding places.
Get the free printable files
This free printable st. patrick’s day scavenger hunt pdf includes eight pages:
- Cover page
- Scavenger Hunt Tips
- Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards
- Blank Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards
- Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards Answer Key
- Scavenger Hunt Prize Ideas
- BONUS: Green and Gold Clue Card envelopes
Enter your email address and the free printable will be sent straight to your Inbox. Make sure you check your SPAM folder in case it got sent there.
Not interested in giving up your email in exchange for a free printable? Visit our shop here.
Your information is 100% secure and will never be shared with anyone. By signing up you’ll be added to my email list where I share resources weekly. You can unsubscribe at any time.
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
More printable scavenger hunt games
Check out these fun ideas to play scavenger hunts year-round:
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Photo Scavenger Hunt
- New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Photography Hunt
- Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt
Share on social
If you love this activity for kids, you will love all the family activities I am pinning right now. Follow us on Pinterest for more fun kids’ activities.