Feeding a crowd for breakfast can be work, but it doesn’t have to be so draining with this overnight crockpot breakfast casserole. Recently, our house was full of guests for my daughter’s Little Mermaid Birthday party.
Laughter and plenty of noise from kids and adults filled our house. I love times like this! You have to make sure tummies are filled with delicious food to continue the laughter. With two families staying overnight, I planned ahead to make an overnight breakfast casserole.
Cooking a full blown breakfast buffet was not an option for this tired mom.
Thank goodness for the crockpot! This dish was an instant hit and with a touch of a button it cooked overnight. We woke up, made coffee and served ourselves. Believe it or not, it made so much that we had some leftovers to eat during the week.
Overnight Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 (30 oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- ½ lb ground sausage, browned & drained
- 1 lb bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 frozen package of green and red peppers (or you cut up fresh veggies)
- ½ cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- Grease a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray.
- Layer half the hash browns in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with half the sausage, bacon, cheese, onions, and peppers.
- Repeat layers with the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and sugar.
- Pour egg mixture over all the layers.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high. (Test your crockpot so the dish doesn’t burn.)
Top with sour cream and salsa. Serve with fruit.
Have you made an overnight breakfast casserole? Which dish is your go-to recipe for holiday entertaining and hosting?