There are a plethora of holiday events in DFW! So many, that it can be hard to figure out which ones to attend. If you want to maximize your family time, check out 16 of the best holiday events in North Texas.
Must-Attend Holiday Events in DFW
To help you determine which special events are the best fit for your family, I’ve rounded up the top Dallas/Fort Worth holiday events. Spread holiday cheer and share this list with a friend!
This year the Gaylord Texan Ice is featuring “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” along with a Lone Star Christmas. ICE! features about 2 million holiday lights, a 12 Lane Snow Tubing Hill, Ice skating, Gingerbread decorating and more. You can get 40% Off General Admission Tickets using the promo code: MODERNMOM at GaylordTexanTickets.com (Restrictions Apply)
The legendary hotel will transform into a winter wonderland complete with festive décor, kids activities and games, train rides and more. They even have fireworks planned on December 7th. Christmas at the Anatole offers a variety of holiday activities for all ages.
Peppermint Park will take place in the Anatole park and will feature games and activities for kids, visits with Santa Claus, holiday shows, train rides around the park, light displays and more! A select number of tickets will be available to the public, but access to hotel guests is always available.
The Lone Star State is about to get a lot brighter with the debut of Enchant Christmas. Guests can get lost in the world’s largest light maze and take photos around the tallest Christmas tree in North Texas! Surrounded by millions of dazzling lights, the memories you make at Enchant will last well beyond the holiday season. Whether you’re navigating through the world’s largest light maze, gliding around the ice-skating pond, waltzing through the Christmas marketplace, or sharing hot cocoa with your loved ones, you’ll find enchantment around every corner.
Feast your eyes on over 4 million lights set along a 2 mile path at Prairie Lights. Hundreds of displays in shapes of all kinds line and arch over the roads. Halfway through the drive get out of your car for a stop at Holiday Village where you will find food, gifts, Santa, the brand-new indoor Snow Maze, and the Holiday Magic Lighted Walk-Through Forest. Once back in your vehicle, the second half of the drive ends with an animated light tunnel. Get tickets here.
Home for the Holidays…A McKinney Christmas is in the heart of Historic Downtown McKinney. It happens right after Thanksgiving. This FREE event features non-stop family activities, entertainment, food galore, a chance to finish your Christmas shopping.
The Christmas Spectacular presented by Albertsons and Tom Thumb is a weekly holiday performance showcasing the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, Dallas Cowboys Rhythm and Blue Dancers and Drumline, appearances by Santa, and more. The Christmas Spectacular will take place on Tostitos Championship Plaza at The Star every Friday and Saturday at 6pm, with special guests lighting the tree each night! Admission and parking are free. See The Star calendar for details.
Our family will be visiting this event for the first time this year! Tickets went on sale a few months ago. I quickly learned that to get the prime spots you must purchase them that day. Good news is that there are still tickets available at other times. Experience the magic of riding the North Pole Express and arrive at Santa’s Workshop at the end. From what I hear, visiting the Christmas Capital of Texas is a must do!
Galleria Dallas celebrates its 37th holiday season with tree lightings and ice skating performances! Every show features Missile Toes, the ice-skating, back-flipping, pyrotechnic Santa, along with local children performing, a countdown to a fireworks finale and the lighting of the country’s tallest indoor Christmas tree. Each Saturday in December at 6 pm, guests can watch Olympic greats skate to the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. You don’t want to miss this!
Vitruvian Park transforms into a magical holiday wonderland during Vitruvian Lights; Friday, November 23, 2018 – Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Beginning November 24, tree lights will be on daily from 5 pm – midnight.
Vitruvian Lights Special Event Dates & Performances:
Friday, November 23, 2018 from 6 pm – 10 pm – Jordan Kahn Orchestra
Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 6 pm – 10 pm – Dallas String Quartet
Saturday, December 8, 2018 from 6 pm – 10 pm – Sonny’s Holliday
Bring your family to this Texas-sized Drive Thru light park. See a fantastic light show and travel to Santa’s Village at the Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway.
Don’t miss out on the Broadway musical Elf! It’s playing at the Music Hall at Fair Park November 27 – December 2, 2018. Elf is the hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported back to the North Pole. Unaware that he is actually human, Buddy’s enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, discover his true identity, and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas. This modern day Christmas classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner Elf. Tickets are on sale at DallasSummerMusicals.org or by phone at 1 (800) 745-3000.
Bricktacular on December 15, 16, 22 and 23 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Get into the holiday spirit early while watching the Master Model Builder build a 5-foot-tall Nutcracker out of 9,500 LEGO bricks live on November 19, 20, 21 and 23 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Holiday Bricktacular activities include:
- Giant LEGO Nutcracker: View the Master Model Builder’s newest creation, a 5-foot-tall Nutcracker.
- Meet & Greet LEGO Santa: Meet jolly old LEGO® Santa and tell him about all the LEGO® sets you want this year.
- Holiday Quilt Build: Test your building skills by helping the Master Model Builder create an oversized, one-of-a-kind holiday LEGO® quilt.
- Scavenger Hunt: LEGO® Santa has lost his toy bag filled with iconic toys. Help him find all the lost robots, cars, planes, dolls and teddy bears in MINILAND for a chance to win an annual pass.
Celebrate the holiday season and see Scuba Diving Santa, along with his elf, make a festive appearance in a water wonderland at SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium amongst sharks, stingrays, sea turtles, fish and other marine life, during special holiday dive shows. Guests can also watch the aquarium’s animals receive special holiday treats and enrichment gifts in the ocean tank and Stingray Bay.
Holiday activities include:
- Scuba Diving Santa: Experience a dive show like no other with a jolly red-suited diver, beard and all, along with his elf as they take the plunge in a magical dive show amongst the fish, sharks and stingrays in SEA LIFE Grapevine’s 160,000-gallon ocean tank. Pose for pictures and find out if Scuba Diving Santa thinks you’ve been naughty or nice. Scheduled dives occur at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Saturdays, December 12, 15, 20 and 23.
- Meet and Greet with Santa Sharky: Meet and pose for a holiday photo with Santa Sharky. Fridays and Sundays, December 14, 16, 21 and 23 from 12 to 3 p.m.
- Elf on a Shelf: Try and find SEA LIFE’s mischievous elf Minnow as he move’s around the aquarium. Snap a selfie with Minnow and share on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #SeaLifeElfie for a chance to win an annual pass. Daily December 12 through 24.
- Holiday Cards for Creatures: All of SEA LIFE’s animals made the nice list this year. However, which one is the nicest? The aquarium is asking the public to vote for their favorite from sharks, rays and sea turtles by writing them a holiday card in the theater. The sea creature with the most cards wins! Daily December 12 through 24.
Holiday in the Park is back for select days from November 16-December 30 at Six Flags Over Texas. It’s the most magical time of the year filled with enchanting experiences that will help create those special family fun outings again and again. Our breathtaking winter wonderland features a variety of delightful and interactive activities to help capture the holiday spirit.
Enjoy the holiday seasons and all the joy it brings. We are truly blessed to live in a community that offers such fun experiences.
Which Dallas/Fort Worth holiday events are you most excited to attend with your family? Let me know in comments or on social!