With Easter just around the corner, I wanted to make a fun and girly DIY Baby Girl Tulle Easter Basket for Reese. Granted, I know she can not walk yet (event though she is super close), but I still think it’s a fun excuse to craft! For now, I put a few of her favorite baby snacks and food in it. I may add some other small baby toys in it, but for now, I think it’s pretty perfect the way it is.
DIY Baby Girl Tulle Easter Basket Supplies*:
- A Wired Basket
- Enough Tulle to cover it. I purchase two different spools of tulle and I had plenty left over for my small basket. If you are doing a larger basket, I recommend buying double. Celebrate It Tulle Fabric 100% Nylon, 6 in x 25 yds
- Fiskars Recycled 8 Inch Strait Scissors (01-004253J)
- Biodegradable Easter Basket Grass Paper grass to put in the middle of the basket
- A Wooden Letter for your child’s initial.
- Goodies to go inside geared towards your child’s age. Mine is 9 months old, so I stayed away from candy.
Gerber Graduates Strawberry & Apple Puffs, 1.48-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 6)
Ella’s Kitchen Organic Stage 1 Baby Food 8-flavor Variety Pack (8 Total Pouches)
Hot-Kid Baby Mum-Mum Banana Flavor Rice Biscuit, 24-pieces (Pack of 6)
DIY Baby Girl Tulle Easter Basket
- Simply cut the tulle in to 12 inch stripes (or whatever size you like), fold and make a loop to tie throughout the spaces on the basket.
- Rotate different colored tulle.
- Fluff the pieces to make look fuller.
- Hot glue the letter to the front.
- Place grass in the basket.
- Have fun filling the basket with fun items.
There are several different ways you can decorate your basket. You can also add ribbon or glue your letter to the top of the handle. Whatever you do, it will be unique to your own little one.