This creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole is the perfect comfort food! It’s packed with flavor and the sautéed vegetables are a crowd pleaser.
This dish makes a lot of food which is why I have been munching on it all week long for lunch.
It’s that delicious and quite addicting. I blame it on the cream cheese mainly.
How to make Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, melted butter, salt and ground black pepper. Set topping ingredients aside.
- Add olive oil to a 7-quart stock pot, and sauté mushrooms, celery, carrots, onions and garlic powder for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth and thyme sprig and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan and uncooked noodles. Stir until well blended. Sprinkle flour over top of mixture. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in chicken. Pour into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle on reserved topping mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
My daughter helped me make this dish and afterward she proclaimed, “It was the best meal ever!” She actually ate more than a few bites which made me happy!
That’s a win in my book! Everyone in my family raved about this recipe. I am definitely going to put this meal in our meal planning rotation.
Also, with the winter season ahead this truly is a comfort meal to enjoy. I will admit my daughter made me pick out her mushrooms. I was hoping to sneak them past her, but she is too sly for me. She did eat the carrots so I will take that. Small victories!
Have you tasted a chicken noodle casserole before? Get inspired to make new recipes this season.