Craft Organization Ideas are plentiful on Pinterest, but some of them look complex and overwhelming. Who has time for that? I know I don’t! No need to worry because there are many simple ways to organize your craft supplies.
Why should you organize your craft supplies?
Simple, like a cluttered pantry you may go months without realizing that you had a certain supply hidden in the back only to buy duplicate supplies. Happens to me all the time. I didn’t know I had that…
Also, if you are slightly OCD like myself, you find that too much clutter can fog your mind and halt your creativity and focus.
When things are organized, I feel better and the space seems less chaotic.
Don’t get me wrong, there are many days I don’t have time to organize and clean because of a toddler that seeks my undivided attention, but for the most part I try my hardest to keep my craft supplies organized and put way up high so little fingers and my dog don’t discover a haven of new toys.
Craft Organization Ideas
Create a pegboard to display and organize your craft supplies
- (2) 1x2x8 white joint boards: $10 ($5 each)
- (1) 4×8 sheet white peg board: $6
- (24) – 1″ finishing nails:
- (1) – picture hanger kit (up to 50# weight): $5
- (1) – Package assorted peg board hooks: $10
- (1) – wire basket set for pegboards
- Mason Jars
- Tins from the Target Dollar spot or in the birthday aisle at Walmart (Both locations have them currently for $1 per tin jar).
Directions for installation:
- Cut joint boards to frame peg board on back side
- Nail peg board to joint boards with finishing nails
- Screw picture hangers in joint boards on back side of board about 12″ below top on each side
- Mount peg board on wall with 2 picture hanger hooks
- Place peg board hooks and baskets where needed.
- Place supplies in baskets, tins and place ribbon on metal hooks.
Install the IKEA Kitchen Wall Storage Unit
This IKEA product is originally for kitchen supply storage, but perfect to organize markers and paint bottles.
Supplies shown for this setup:
Ikea Steel Flatware Caddy
Ikea Steel Wire Basket with Handle
Ikea Steel Kitchen Organizer Set, 31 Inch Rail, 5 Hooks, Black
Ikea Steel Condiment Stand
Use an over-the-door shoe organizer to hold craft supplies
An over-the-door shoe organizer is the perfect option to store and hide craft supplies because it’s see thru and easily accessible. I also use a hanging shoe organizer within the closet to hold my vinyl, iron on, and contact paper rolls.
My craft room also acts as my office, so I have the ClosetMaid 421 Cubeicals 9-Cube Organizer to hide larger supplies such as my camera equipment, photo props, and books. (Yes, books still exist!)
Don’t forget to include a few of the Sorbus Foldable Storage Cube Basket Bins to add color to the shelving unit and for maximum storage. I also added family picture frames on top of the shelving unit.
What craft organization ideas do you have to share?