This 2020 COVID-19 Time Capsule for Kids printable will help your children express their feelings during this time. It’s been a unique time in our country’s history with this pandemic. Parents are working from home while teaching their kids. My children’s emotions are similar to mine, up and down on any given day. While this time is definitely stressful, I want my kids to remember the positive things that came out of being quarantined with family. Be sure to check out my Last Day of eLearning Signs to document the end of homeschooling this year.
How to make a time capsule for kids
Imagine what your kids will say 10 or 20 years from now when they look back at this time. Making a time capsule is a great way to preserve memories. One option is to simply download and print the COVID-19 time capsule printable. The other option is to have your kids include this time capsule worksheet in a shoebox with popular items and mementos
The worksheet packet includes four pages that your kids can color. Pages include: About Me, Favorites, Feelings and Weather. The feelings page is a great way for kids to express their emotions in a safe way.
What to include in a time capsule
- The 2020 COVID-19 Time Capsule Worksheet
- Any arts and craft projects or coloring sheets your kids created during this time.
- Magazine, books or newspapers
- Write a letter to your kids’ future selves. Seal it in an envelope.
- Photos of your kids doing activities during the quarantine.
- Family Portraits (Did your family participate in The Front Porch Project?)
- Any letters sent to them from their friends and/or relatives.
- Let your kids choose items. (Just make sure they aren’t food, batteries or anything that could be ruined over time).
- Trace your kid’s hands-on a piece of paper and cut them out.
- A copy of the Stay at Home Family Date Night Calendar
Don’t forget to pin this printable worksheet