Today my husband and I celebrate four years of marriage. That’s 4 years, 1,460 days, and counting. Of course this doesn’t include the 2 years we dated prior, but who is keeping track? On this date, four years ago, we married each other on a beautiful and gorgeous day in front of our family and guests. Today we are both sharing what marriage means to us!
What Marriage Means to Me:
- taking a leap of faith and committing yourself to another person in hopes that it will last a lifetime. (Today, the odds are not in anyone’s favor!)
- learning to forgive, forgive some more and learning to forget. This is an area I could improve on for sure!
- thinking for two instead of one.
- accepting each other’s weaknesses and loving them for it instead of wishing and hoping that it will one day change. It may change, but not from one demanding it.
- learning to pick your battles not pick at every battle.
- appreciating the good times and getting through the bad times to later learn and reflect from those not-so-glamorous times.
- learning to compromise.
- realizing there is no such thing as the perfect marriage no matter how many times Facebook forces us to believe so!
- knowing that you have someone to come home to and vent or celebrate how your day went.
- Work. Hard Work, but rewarding! (Sounds like parenting!)
- knowing you have someone on your side cheering you on through life’s triumphs and picking you back up through the disappointments.
- saying you are sorry from time-to-time.
- accepting each other’s families and appreciating their imperfections. (Makes for great entertainment!)
- sharing a Netflix account and the remote. Yes, we share the remote – shocker.
- trusting that the grass isn’t always greener…
- remembering the reasons you fell in love in the first place.
- making time for each other even though life makes it more challenging the older we get and the bigger our family grows.
What Marriage Means to My Husband:
- Unconditional love
- Best friend
- Companion for life
- Partners in everything
- No judgement
- Tax break haha jk
- Always back each other up
As you can clearly tell, one of us is more wordy than the other! In his defense, I did ask for this information with short notice! ha Makes for a good balance, right?! He is a man of few words which is probably good because I am a woman of many as you can see!
Our marriage may not be perfect, but it’s everything I ever wanted in a partnership, so I feel lucky to have him in my life! The family and home we have created is wonderful and I try my hardest not to take it for granted. He is my rock through and through and I look forward to the future – it’s been an amazing ride so far!
If you are lucky enough to find the love of your life – hold on to it and fight like Hell to make it work.
Happy Anniversary and boy, does time fly by fast?!