By now I am sure you have heard and may even tried the coveted Unicorn Frappuccino! It’s all the rage.
People are losing their minds and filling our social feeds up with this beautiful drink… literally!
Inspired by this magical treat that some loved and others loathed, we decided to make a Unicorn Sensory Jar out of paint, a mason jar, glitter, water and cotton balls. This activity is super simple yet entertaining to both kids and adults alike.
How to make a unicorn sensory jar
1. Fill 1/3 of mason jar with water and several drops of one color of paint. Add glitter to liquid if the paint does not include glitter.
2. Place lid on jar and shake it up until mixed.
3. Next, stretch cotton balls out and place into jar. Using a stick or spoon shove the cotton balls to the bottom. This will give the mixture a galaxy or cloud like look.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 using a contrasting color. (For example, we used purple first and pink second).
5. Repeat again with a third paint color if you desire.
I do reccomend the plastic mason jars if you are concerned with glass breaking due to children dropping it on a hard floor surface. We only had mason jars on hand. I watched her like a hawk while she played with it on carpet.
She enjoyed making the unicorn sensory jar more so than playing with the jar. Watching the colors mix and the glitter shine was a treat for my little one.
You could say making this activity was as magical as it would be seeing a real life unicorn! (Do they really exist?)