Earth Day is April 22nd and what better way to celebrate by baking Earth Day Cupcakes? There really is a holiday for any occasion, isn’t there? This recipe was super easy and would be a great way to get your kids in the kitchen. My daughter loved to color the batter and see how it changes in color.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE EARTH DAY CUPCAKES
Earth Day Cupcakes Recipe
1. Gather your supplies:
2. Make Mix according to directions on the cake box.
3. Divide the cake batter in half.
4. Color one bowl green and the other blue by adding at least 15 drops in each. Mix well.
5. Spoon the blue mixture into each cupcake following the green. You can play it with, but be sure to add approx. 3 tablespoons of cupcake batter to each cup or it maybe too little or too much depending. Below was too little, but I added more after I took this picture.
6. Bake the cupcakes accordingly to the cake batter directions, but keep an eye on the cupcakes while they are baking so they don’t brown.
Doesn’t the inside of the cupcakes look awesome? I have seen some foodies put a red icing heart in the middle if you are looking to add some icing.
Another option is to make green and blue icing that you can put on top. I was okay without having icing because it looked so cool on top!
My family, including my dog who begs for scraps, is enjoying my baking and blogging projects! What fun activities do you have planned to celebrate and learn more about Earth Day? Don’t forget, Earth Day is April 22nd.