Thank you DriveShop for loaning the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in exchange for this post.
The holidays are a crazy busy time of year. In a perfect world families would live close together (and get along) making spending time together easy and effortless. Unfortunately, for most families a little bit of traveling is required to see your loved ones during the holidays. We are blessed to have families that live within driving distance. I have talked to many others that have to choose one side of the family every other year to fly. That can be tough especially when traveling with little ones.
For Thanksgiving, we took a short road trip to my grandma’s house in the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. There is no denying that one of the best features of this vehicle is the sound system that comes with it. You can’t help but feel the base and jam out to music while you are cruising. In my opinion it’s never too early or too late to listen to your favorite holiday road trip songs.
If you live somewhere like Texas where it can be super warm during the winter season, you can jam out your holiday tunes with its amazingly huge sunroof down. You can feel the sunshine beat on your face while belting out your favorite songs. It’s liberating. Granted, I like to do this without my entire family in the car as it annoys them, but you get it.
If you are road tripping to visit family and friends for the holidays here are some of my favorite holiday road trips to bring a smile (or tear) to your face. These classics will make the drive seem less stressful. Plus, what is better than embarrassing your teenage stepson like I do?
My Favorite Holiday Road Trip Songs
Some of these will lift your spirits and make you dance in your seat.
The Carpenters Christmas Portrait– Childhood memories come flooding back for me.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays -N Sync – Don’t judge. This song always puts me in a good mood and I could care less it came from a boy band.
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport features a Rockford Fosgate 710 Watt, 9-speaker surround sound audio system including these advanced features:
- DTS Neural Surround™ extracts a surround sound experience from stereo content
- DSP Tuning precisely tailors audio signals to each speaker
- Surround Sound places you in the middle of the performance
- PUNCH Control fine-tunes subwoofer output to user preference
- Soundfield Control optimizes the audio tuning for specific occupant locations
- Music Genre EQ adjusts the equalization to the style of music
- Soft Dome Tweeters create smooth, natural sound with wide dispersion
- High Clarity Speakers are optimized for pure sound dynamics
- Dual Voice Coils (DVC) allow the subwoofer to handle larger amounts of power
- Sealed Enclosures provide a tight, controlled bass response
- Long-Throw Subwoofer provides great excursion and deep bass
During our time together I found that this sporty car is great for picking up groceries to get ready for any large holiday gathering.
Although there are a lot of fabulous features of this vehicle, right now in our season of life this would not be my first choice as our family keeps growing so the size is a bit too small for our comfort and liking when we are all together. For cruising around town with a few kids to run errands it’s perfect. I see this vehicle being perfect for a college student or someone who is ready to explore the world without a lot of baggage by their side.
Grab the wheel and turn up the soundtrack of whatever season of life you are in. Enjoy the sounds and drive of the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
What holiday road trip songs make you belt out in song and dance? I would love to hear!